Did Pfizer use a toxic placebo in their COVID-19 vaccine trial, just to make their vaccine look safer, but killing 4 people in the process?
Find out what’s going on, and what the FACTS really are!
Don’t forget to also read Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers? and Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
Did Pfizer Use A Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
Antivaxxers are claiming that Pfizer used a toxic placebo in their COVID-19 vaccine trial, to make their vaccine look safer than it really is.
They believe that Pfizer injected the placebo group with toxins, killing four of the volunteers in the process. This was done intentionally to make the two deaths in the vaccine group look safe in comparison.
Here is one example of the claims being shared on social media and instant messengers like WhatsApp :
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Placebo : Not Toxic, Just Salt Water
NO, Pfizer did not use a toxic placebo to skew the vaccine trial results, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : The Placebo Was Just Saline
A placebo is, by definition, a substance meant to have no therapeutic effect.
Pfizer used nothing more than normal saline (NS) as the placebo in their COVID-19 vaccine trial.
Normal saline is a common salt solution of 0.90% w/v of sodium chloride (NaCL), frequently used in intravenous drips.
The small amount injected as placebo has no effect on the body – exactly what a placebo is meant to do.
Fact #2 : Correlation Is Not Causation
Even though four people died after receiving the placebo, how can we just say that the placebo killed them?
For example, if you get pregnant after getting the COVID-19 vaccine, does it mean that the vaccine made you pregnant? Of course, not.
Here are three examples of why correlation is NOT the same thing as causation.
Fact #3 : The Deaths Were Within Normal Rates
People die every day, and in the United States, about 2.8 million people died in 2018 – an average of 7,779 every single day.
A total of 37,796 people participated in the safety phase of the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine trial, divided equally into 18,904 people who received the vaccine, and 18,892 people who received the saline placebo.
Based on the normal mortality rate, we would expect 164 people from each group (vaccine or placebo) to die from “natural causes” this year, or 82 people in the roughly 6 month trial period.
Yet only 4 people died after taking the placebo, instead of the expected 82. That’s a mortality rate of just 0.021% – 41X lower than the normal mortality rate.
Does that mean normal saline placebo protected them from natural causes of death? Again, correlation does not imply causation.
Fact #4 : The Deaths Were Of Natural Causes
The US FDA briefing document also laid out the causes of two of those four deaths :
- Placebo recipient #1 : myocardial infarction
- Placebo recipient #2 : haemorrhage stroke
- Placebo recipients #3 and #4 : unknown causes
As you can see, the two deaths are completely unrelated to any normal saline or vaccine injections. More importantly, there’s no indication they died of any toxins.
When they list the cause of the other two cases as unknown, it doesn’t mean there’s a cover-up. People do just die of natural causes.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Man Only Fined RM2K For Assaulting Lady Who Honked Him!
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- 437 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 20 December 2020
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!