The Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine is here in Malaysia, and COVID-19 vaccination will start on Wednesday, 24 February 2021!
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Has Arrived!
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was originally expected to arrive on 26 February 2021, but the first tranche arrived a few days earlier than planned.
At 10 AM on Sunday, 21 February 2021, the first shipment of 312,390 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (also known as Comirnaty or BNT162b2) arrived.
The vaccines were flown from the Pfizer manufacturing facility in Puurs in Belgium to Singapore by DHL, before MASKargo flight MH604 flew this shipment to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
The Pfizer vaccine doses will not be limited to the Klang Valley, but are being distributed to different states.
At 3 PM, the Ministry of Health announced that Johor will receive 73,710 doses – enough to vaccinate 36,855 people.
Those vaccine doses will be stored in 4 Vaccination Storage Centres (PSV), which will then distribute them to 54 Vaccination Centres (PPV) across the state of Johor.
Penang received what appears to be a single thermal shipper container. Each thermal shipper can hold up to 4,875 doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination Begins 24 February 2021!
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also announced that the COVID-19 vaccination program will kick off early, on Wednesday, 24 February 2021.
The Malaysian Prime Ministry, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and the Director-General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah, will be the first to receive the first shots of the Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine.
Phase 1 : 24 February – April 2021
Phase 1 will involve immunising 500,000 front line workers, divided into two groups :
- Group 1 : public and private healthcare workers
- Group 2 : frontliners providing essential services and national defence (like teachers, the police, civil defence (RELA), firefighters, rescue workers, and the armed forces).
* Originally scheduled to start in first week of March, it was brought forward to 24 February 2021.
Phase 2 : April – August 2021
Phase 2 will focus on immunising 9.4 million high-risk adults, divided into two groups :
- Group 1 : remaining healthcare workers and frontliners (including defence)
- Group 2 : senior citizens 65 years or older, disabled adults, and vulnerable adults with chronic diseases, like heart disease, obesity, diabetes and hypertension
Phase 3 : May 2021 – February 2022
Phase 3 will make the COVID-19 vaccine available to the rest of the population :
- adults 18 years or older
– prioritised from red zones > yellow zones > green zones
This may be the last phase, but it is the most critical phase to build herd immunity that will protect the rest of the population that cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Penang, Perak, Kedah, Perlis District List : Stay In Or Get Fine!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya District List : Stay In Or Get Fined!
- 1056 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 21 February 2021
- Village Grocer EkoCheras Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Bagan Specialist Centre : 5 Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Goodbye, ntv7 … and hello, DidikTV KPM!
- Tesco Stores In Malaysia Are Now Lotus’s Stores!
- Village Grocer Avenue K : Employee Positive For COVID-19
- MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!