Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine doses bottled by Pharmaniaga are finally ready for distribution! Here are the latest details…
Pharmaniaga Sinovac Vaccine Ready For Distribution!
73 days after Pharmaniaga received 200 litres of the bulk CoronaVac vaccine from Sinovac, the 1.28 million doses they bottled are ready for distribution!
Each single-use vial was bottled in four batches over five days, under NPRA’s scrutiny at the Pharmaniaga LifeScience factory in Puchong, Selangor.
17 quality control tests were conducted after the bottling process for 14 hours a day, before these Pharmaniaga-Sinovac vaccine doses were approved.
As of yesterday, a total of 1,284,147 doses – enough for about 642,000 people – are ready to be distributed across Malaysia.
Pharmaniaga said that they have the capacity to bottle up to two million vaccine doses per month.
Pharmaniaga Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
Sinovac CoronaVac an inactivated virus vaccine made from actual SARS-CoV-2 virus grown in Vero cells, and killed using β-propiolactone.
Once injected into the body, the antigens on the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus triggers the body’s immune system.
Pharmaniaga LifeScience imported 200 litres of the CoronaVac bulk vaccine, which arrived on 27 February 2021.
Once bottled, those 200 litres of bulk vaccine should produce over 300,000 CoronaVac doses – enough to vaccinate approximately 150,000 people.
The Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Khairy Jamaluddin, said that the government is paying Sinovac less for the vaccine because bottling is done by Pharmaniaga.
However, he declined to disclose more information, so it is unknown how much the government is saving, once the costs of Pharmaniaga’s bottling and distribution are included.
Recommended : CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- MCO 3.0 : Sarawak Sticking With CMCO + Some Changes!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens + Childcare Can Open Again!
- No MCO 3.0 In Sabah, Sarawak May Follow Too!
- Malaysia To Come Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Nationwide!
- COVID-19 Vaccination @ WTC On 15-16 May Rescheduled!
- Kluang In Johor Now Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Too!
- Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Golf Allowed And Then Banned Again!
- Penang, Perak + Pahang : What Areas Are Under MCO 3.0?
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Selangor Closes Schools + Ramadan Bazaars!
- Travel For COVID-19 Vaccination Do NOT Need Police Permit!
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 458077 Cases, 414707 Discharged, 1788 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 462190 Cases, 418897 Discharged, 1822 Dead
Pingback: New Vaccination Process @ WTCKL Starting 15 May 2021! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 470110 Cases, 426319 Discharged, 1902 Dead
Pingback: AstraZeneca Vaccine Opt-In Programme : Round 2 Details! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 474556 Cases, 429103 Discharged, 1947 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 479421 Cases, 432600 Discharged, 1994 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 485496 Cases, 436116 Discharged, 2040 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 505115 Cases, 449234 Discharged, 2199 Dead
Pingback: MCO 3.0 : No Total Lockdown, Only Some Tightening... | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: WARNING : Klang Valley ICUs Now At 113% Capacity! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: How To Register For Your AstraZeneca Vaccine Round 2! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 498795 Cases, 444540 Discharged, 2149 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 512091 Cases, 452821 Discharged, 2248 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 518600 Cases, 456273 Discharged, 2309 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 525889 Cases, 460062 Discharged, 2369 Dead
Pingback: AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Out From 26 May Onwards! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: AstraZeneca 2.0 : Those On Waiting List Can Also Register! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: AstraZeneca 2.0 Gone In 1 Hour But More Doses Coming! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 533367 Cases, 464727 Discharged, 2432 Dead
Pingback: AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Delayed, But Will Come! | Rojak Pot