Can a ringing phone really cause a gas stove to catch fire or explode?
Take a look at the viral video and find out if it’s true that a ringing phone can cause a gas stove explosion!
Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
A viral video appears to show a gas stove exploding after a phone rings. Websites and people are sharing it with warnings not to use a phone in the kitchen.
As the story goes, a ringing phone may ignite the gas from the stove and cause it to burst into flames, or explode like the video showed.
No, A Ringing Phone Did Not Cause The Gas Stove To Explode
The video may be shocking, but don’t worry – both ladies escaped the explosion unscathed.
If you watch closely, you will see the lady on the left turn on the stove a split second before the gas stove exploded.
You will also see that the explosion started under the stove, blowing out the oven door and sending the stove grates flying up.
The fire then spread to the gas tank and caused it to explode, sending the stove flying forwards. So in all likelihood, this explosion was caused by a leaking gas tank.
In other words, a ringing phone did NOT cause that gas stove explosion.
Why A Ringing Phone Will NOT Cause A Gas Stove Explosion
For those who want to know more, here are the reasons why a ringing phone will not cause a gas stove explosion.
Reason #1 : It Won’t Happen Without A Gas Leak / Defective Gas Tank
A gas explosion cannot happen without a gas leak, or a defective gas tank. Whether a phone is present or not doesn’t matter.
If there is a gas leak, turning on the stove will trigger an explosion like you see in the video.
If the gas tank was weak and defective, it would spontaneously rupture and explode. This is quite common in countries where gas tank quality is suspect.
Reason #2 : A Phone Won’t Create Sparks When It Rings
Phones use electrodynamic speakers that vibrate to produce sound waves. They do not generate sparks. After all, how popular would phones be if their speakers emitted sparks into our ears?
Without a source of sparks or an open flame, a gas leak wouldn’t catch fire and explode. So a ringing phone won’t cause leaking gas to explode.
Reason #3 : Static Is The Real Hidden Danger
Fire incidences blamed on ringing phones can often, if not always, be traced back to static electricity.
Our bodies can get “charged” with static electricity, if we wear rubber-soled shoes or slippers, or walk on a rug.
Sparks are created when an electrostatic discharge occurs – this is what causes the petrol station fires that people blame on mobile phones.
Warning : Don’t Get Distracted In The Kitchen!
While your mobile phone will not cause a gas stove to explode, you should still avoid using it whenever you’re at the petrol station or in your kitchen.
Using your mobile phone at the petrol station or kitchen can distract you in a dangerous environment with flammable liquids everywhere.
It’s really the same reason why you are not allowed to use a mobile phone while driving. It may not cause your car to explode, but you could get distracted and cause an accident!
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- BLM Protestors Attacked Abe Lincoln Statue? Not So Fast!
- Spot The Difference : Hong Kong vs George Floyd Protestors!
- US Protestors Breaking Into White House : Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- The Multi-Coloured Rosary Of Mother Teresa Hoax Debunked!
- Lim Guan Eng – Bitcoin Revolution Hoax Exposed!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- This Man With Pink Wristband Did NOT Break Quarantine!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Only A True Gentleman Knows What Is Wrong!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- Face Mask Recycling Scammers Exposed!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
If you like this article, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!