Poh Huat Resources shut down all of their factories in Johor after 543 employees tested positive for COVID-19 in a screening test!
Poh Huat Resources : 543 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 26 January 2021, Poh Huat Resources Holdings Berhad announced that 543 employees at their factories in Muar, Johor tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employees tested positive during a PCR screening test carried out on 21 January 2021, involving approximately 1,400 employees at their factories and corporate offices.
Poh Huat Resources Holdings Berhad closed all of their factories in the Bukit Pasir Industrial Area from 25 January until 3 February 2021, or as further advised by the Ministry of Health (KKM).
They will work with KKM on mitigating measures to “contain the spread of COVID-19” at their premises, and to “safeguard the health of their workers”.
This mass infection cluster shows the risk faced by factory workers, with 99 out of 300 clusters involving the manufacturing sector, many of whom not only work closely but also live together in hostels.
Poh Huat Resources COVID-19 Cases : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Poh Huat Furniture Industries employees, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
This case highlights the risks of staying in close quarters in worker hostels, and why the government continues to insist that office employees must work from home.
You are only at risk if you come into close contact with these affected employees, including outsiders supplying and transporting in and out of their factory.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the factories and hostels of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
Poh Huat Resources : Official Statement
This was the official statement posted by Poh Huat Resources Holdings Berhad on 28 December 2020 :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 700 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 26 January 2021
- ISETAN KLCC : Two More Cases Of COVID-19!
- Equatorial Penang Will Close Down In March 2021
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Guards Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Citta Mall Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ The Linc : Another Case Of COVID-19!
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- Malaysia : Existing MCO / PKP Extended To 4 February 2021!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Southkey : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Damansara Perdana : One COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!