Public Bank closed their Segambut branch in Kuala Lumpur, after an employee there tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned!
Public Bank Segambut : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 15 April 2021, Public Bank announced that an employee at their Segambut branch in KL tested positive for COVID-19.
Public Bank closed their Segambut branch, for deep cleaning and sanitisation, from 16 April 2021 until further notice.
Other employees who came into close contact with the affected staff member have been placed under home quarantine.
Public Bank Segambut : Official Statement On COVID-19 Exposure
This was the notice Public Bank posted on the COVID-19 case at their Segambut store.:
KUALA LUMPUR – Public Bank Berhad (“PBB”) confirms that one (1) of its employees from Public Bank – Segambut branch, in W.P Kuala Lumpur had tested positive for COVID-19 on 15 April 2021.
The affected branch has been temporarily closed from 16 April 2021. Deep cleaning and sanitization activities have been carried out in accordance with Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia guidelines. As an added precaution, employees who had come into close contact with the affected employee had been placed on home-quarantine. Rest assured that we have taken all necessary precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees and the community.
Customers are encouraged to perform their banking transactions online via www.pbebank.com, or download our PB engage MY mobile app.
Public Bank Segambut COVID-19 Infection : Do NOT Panic
Even though a branch employee was infected, you should not panic…
They are definitely tracing contacts, which is why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
While banks offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
If you happen to be in that Public Bank branch when that affected employee was present, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine and undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the branch of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
You should also keep physically distanced from other people, and maintain good hand hygiene.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Can Travel Interstate For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Private Hospitals + Clinics To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines Too!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- How To Check Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment?
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : 2 More Cases, 2 More Classes Closed!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 26 April 2021!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- RM500 Don Don Donki Giveaway Is A Scam!
- Singapore Doctor Did Not Get Adverse Reaction To Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 3.5 Million CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine Doses!
- Did Painkiller Kill This Doctor After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Gerik Policeman Did Not Die From COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Approves Second Source Of AstraZeneca Vaccine!
- PM : Travel Possible After COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Did Nike Make 666 Pairs Of Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 372859 Cases, 352395 Discharged, 1370 Dead
Pingback: PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel Even More! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 379473 Cases, 356816 Discharged, 1389 Dead
Pingback: Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 381813 Cases, 358726 Discharged, 1400 Dead
Pingback: How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Teachers Will Get COVID-19 Vaccination In Phase 2! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 395718 Cases, 369556 Discharged, 1449 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 401593 Cases, 373397 Discharged, 1477 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 411594 Cases, 380442 Discharged, 1521 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 415012 Cases, 383140 Discharged, 1533 Dead
Pingback: How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 420632 Cases, 387542 Discharged, 1574 Dead