On Facebook, there is a new claim that Queen Elizabeth took a bus for 2 days “as a sign of protest against the price of fuel“, and on the third day, “the price of fuel dropped by 20%“.
It’s now being shared as an example of a “good monarch“, or evidence that “fuel prices are way too high“, depending on one’s viewpoint.
That is a picture of Queen Elizabeth alighting a bus with the Duke of Edinburgh, isn’t it? So it must be true… Right???
Yes, Queen Elizabeth Took A Bus But…
It didn’t happen recently, and it had nothing to do with fuel prices. That was a picture of Queen Elizabeth II alighting from one of Cambridge’s new guided buses on the 23rd of May, 2013.
Needless to say, fuel prices did not drop in Britain after that bus ride…
This bus ride was actually a special service (note the busway special display at the side of the bus) that took her from the station to the new £212 million Laboratory of Molecular Biology at the Medical Research Council, to officiate its opening.
Queen Elizabeth Did Not Take The Bus To Protest Anything…
Don’t believe us? Here are more pictures showing her journey from the guided bus station to the Laboratory of Molecular Biology.
The driver for this momentous occasion was Mick Capper, who described the experience as “the climax of my career“. He said, “I don’t think it gets any better than driving the Queen“.
And here are pictures of Queen Elizabeth opening and visiting the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, after her bus ride…
So we can definitely confirm that this is yet another Internet hoax about Queen Elizabeth!
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- The Kidnapping Children For Organs Hoax Debunked!
- The Brazilian Pastor’s Holy Milk Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- How To Wear A Surgical Mask – The Hoax & The Truth!
- Did Al Franken Get A Jew Call Warning Of 9/11 Attacks?
- This Viral Photo Of Luxembourg PM + Partner Is FAKE!
- The USS Al Gore Frozen Boat Hoax Debunked!
- The Pedigree Dog Adoption Is A Hoax! Read & SHARE!
- Did Exploding Samsung Smartphones Kill 3 In Florida?
- SoFlo iPhone Unlocking Hoax Debunked
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!