Find out how to register for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, and get vaccinated before everyone else!
AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine : How To Register For It!
After undue fears over the AstraZeneca vaccine, the Malaysian government removed it from the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme.
The first batch of 268,800 AstraZeneca vaccine doses manufactured by SK Bioscience will instead be made available to volunteers, who qualify for these criteria :
- Aged 18 years and above
- Live in Kuala Lumpur or Selangor
- Have previously registered for COVID-19 vaccination
In addition, registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
You can register for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine at www.vaksincovid.gov.my starting at 12 PM on 2 May 2021 (Sunday).
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to successfully register for the AstraZeneca vaccine in Malaysia.
- When the AstraZeneca Vaccine Booking page loads, make sure you see a list of PPV (vaccination centres) and dates.
Otherwise, keep refreshing until you see the list of locations and dates, before proceeding to Step 3.
- Key in your IC / passport number, and key it in again to confirm it.
- Key in your phone number, and key it in again to confirm it.
- Select your preferred vaccination centre location and date. You can only choose ONE location and ONE date.
If there are no slots left, you can still register yourself, to be included in the waiting list.
- Tick the I’m not a robot check box.
- Tap the Submit button, and a window will pop up, asking you to verify your details.
- Verify the details in that pop-up window and tap Submit.
- You should now see this congratulatory message.
If you don’t see it, keep submitting your application, or select a different vaccination centre.
Many people have reported that they were unable to register for IDCC, UM and UKM, but succeeded with WTCKL (PWTC).
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Is It Safe To Get?
Many people are worried about the risk of getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The fact is – the risk is incredibly small – certainly much, MUCH smaller than the risk of developing blood clots with COVID-19, which can be as high as 41% in positive patients, and up to 95% in severe COVID-19 cases.
Blood clots can also develop (through different mechanisms) with smoking and the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCP).
We created this table to better demonstrate the risk to you.
severe COVID-19 cases
|Up to 95%||45,238X|
in COVID-19 cases
|Up to 41%||19,524X|
|Dying from COVID-19 Infection||0.25% to|
|119X to 4762X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.46%||219X|
|Thrombosis from Smoking||0.18%||85.7X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.01%||4.8X|
So, is it safe to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that’s being offered to people age 18 years and above in Malaysia?
We can only tell you that the risk is exceedingly low. At most, 21 out of 1 million people who receive this vaccine will potentially develop this condition.
Based on the risk-benefit analysis performed by the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), it is obvious that for a high-incidence country like Malaysia, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
More importantly, that we are aware of this particular side effect, both doctors and vaccine recipients can look out for the symptoms and quickly seek treatment.
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel For Social Visits, Not Work!
- Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!