Find out how to register children aged 12 years and older for COVID-19 vaccine programme in Malaysia!
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Children In Malaysia!
On 15 June 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) approved the use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in children 12 years and above.
With this approval, children aged 12 years and above will be able to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
How To Register Children For COVID-19 Vaccine?
Both MySejahtera and the Vaksin COVID website has been updated to allow registration of children for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Registering Children For COVID-19 Vaccine In MySejahtera
Registering your children for COVID-19 vaccine in MySejahtera should be the same as it was for adult dependents.
Here is our video guide on how to register children for the COVID-19 vaccine in MySejahtera!
Registering Children For COVID-19 Vaccine In Vaksin COVID Website
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do that on the Vaksin COVID website.
- Go to the Vaksin COVID-19 website at www.vaksincovid.gov.my.
- Click on the green REGISTER NOW button.
Or use these direct links – BM | English | Chinese | Tamil
- In the first part of the COVID-19 vaccine registration page, you will need to fill in :
– Your child’s name
– Your child’s age
– Your child’s IC (MyKad) or Passport number
– Phone number : this can be your child’s own number, or yours
- In the next part, you will be asked to fill in these details for your child :
– State : where your child currently lives
– Email (optional) : this will be an alternate means to contact you or your child
– Address : where your child currently lives. This can be different from your address if your child is (for example) in a boarding school or living with a guardian
- You will also be asked three simple questions :
– Is your child interested to take the COVID-19 vaccine :
– Does your child have any comorbidities?
– Is your child registered with the Department of Social Welfare Malaysia as a disabled person?
- If your child has comorbidities, you will be asked to select them from list :
– Diabetes Mellitus
– Heart Disease
– Chronic Lung Disease
– Kidney Disease
– Liver Disease
– Bleeding Tendency (INR ≥ 4)
– History of Severe Allergic Reaction
– Others : you will need to fill it in manually
Listing your child’s comorbidities will help the JKJAV team prioritise children at higher risk from COVID-19, and exclude those who cannot receive the vaccine.
- Once you are done, double check what you have entered and click or tap on the I’m not a robot checkbox.
- Then click > SUBMIT.
That’s it! You should see this Thank You message pop-up, confirming that you have successfully registered your child for the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malaysia!
If you do not see this Thank You message, keep clicking on the Submit button every few minutes. You may need to redo the I’m not a robot test every now and then.
Now that you have just learned how to register your children for the COVID-19 vaccine programme in Malaysia, please SHARE this with your family and friends.
Encourage them to register their children for the COVID-19 vaccine programme in Malaysia too! Let’s get rid of COVID-19 together!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Official 2022 Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- You Can Now Register 5-11 Yo Kids For COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Did Marathon Runners Collapse From COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did COVID-19 Turn This Mom’s Breast Milk Green?!
- Walk-In Vaccine Booster Dose Details For Senior Citizens!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Thank you!