Be warned – you can get a RM1K fine for standing too close in a queue, even if you are standing inside a marked box!
Find out what happened to Bernard He, and why you should learn from his experience!
Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
On 4 February, Bernard He Linjun was queuing up at a bank to use the cash deposit machine, when the police came to check for compliance with the MCO SOP.
Bernard thought he was safe because he logged his visit using MySejahtera, and had queued up properly – standing inside the designated queue box.
But when his turn came, he was issued a RM1,000 fine for standing too close in the queue!
He was told that, even though he was standing inside the marked box, they were all less than 1 metre apart.
According to the police, the boxes were only 0.8 metres apart, and the bank did not adjust their spacing even after being warned about this earlier.
They also fined the bank for violating the SOP.
RM1K Fine For Standing Too Close In A Queue : The Facts
Some netizens have suggested that he may not be telling the truth. After all, similar claims have proven to be false in the past.
Others also suggested that he was complaining on Facebook to gain sympathy, fame or attention.
However, Bernard was telling the truth, and here are the reasons why….
Fact #1 : He Posted A Picture Of His Compound
On 5 February 2021, Bernard posted a picture of the police compound he received.
It showed that he really was fined RM1,000 on 4 February 2021, for not complying with the social distancing SOP.
Fact #2 : There Is A 1 Metre Social Distancing Requirement In Public
There is a 1 metre social distancing requirement in public, including businesses like banks and shopping malls.
This applies throughout Malaysia, irrespective of whether the area is under RMCO, CMCO or MCO restrictions.
It is hard for anyone to visually differentiate between 0.8 metre and a full metre, but the police are technically correct that standing 0.8 metre from someone else is breaking the law.
To be safe, try to stand further away (1.5 to 2 metres) from other people. If they complain, use Bernard’s example as evidence that this is no joke.
Do also note that the social distancing rule is extended to a minimum of 3 metres for dynamic sporting activities.
Fact #3 : You Can Appeal The Decision
If you feel that the police wrongly issued the MCO fine, you can appeal it.
In Bernard’s case, he was relying on the bank to accurately space out their “social distancing boxes” for their customers.
He may not necessarily win his appeal, but he has a good reason to appeal.
After all, no one brings a measuring tape to ensure social distancing, and we all rely on marked boxes to comply with the SOP.
- Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- 872 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 February 2021
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- MCO 2.0 : Barber, Hair Saloon + Car Wash Allowed To Open!
- Hoax : Dr Noor Hisham Has Tendered His Resignation!
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: CNY Reunion Dinner SOP : Top 5 Questions Answered! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021! | The Rojak Pot