Pictures of two government officers have gone viral, with people claiming that they are really robbers. That is a FALSE CLAIM!
Here are the facts, and the truth about two government officials who were just doing their jobs! Make sure you share this out!
The Claim : They Are Robbers Pretending To Be Government Officers!
People have been forwarding a picture of two government officers on WhatsApp, claiming that they are really robbers.
Be warned, there is a group going to homes and pretending to be officials from home affairs.
They have documents with the letterhead Department of Home Affairs and claim to be confirming that everyone has a valid ID for the upcoming elections.
They are robbing homes.
Take note there is no initiative like that from the government.
Send this on your neighborhood group chat. They are everywhere and they look presentable.
To avoid this picture being copied and shared with the fake message that they are robbers, we modified it to state clearly that they were just doing their jobs. The actual picture lacks that warning.
The Truth : They Are NOT Robbers Pretending To Be Government Officers!
The two men are health officers, conducting Active Case Detection checks for malaria cases in residential areas on 9 January 2020, when their photos were taken and posted with that fake message.
The Malaysian Ministry of Health issued this official statement on 14 January 2020 :
Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (KKM) kecewa dengan tindakan pihak tidak bertanggungjawab yang telah merakam gambar dan memfitnah dua kakitangan kami ketika sedang bertugas.
KKM memandang serius perbuatan ini dan telah membuat laporan polis kerana mengganggu tugas penjawat awam dan memfitnah.
Pada hari kejadian iaitu 9 Jan 2020, dua kakitangan kami ini sedang melakukan Active Case Detection (ACD) bagi Malaria.
Dua kakitangan kami ini telah mematuhi semua prosedur yang ditetapkan seperti menunjukkan kad kuasa kepada penghuni rumah dan melakukan siar raya menggunakan kenderaan jabatan sebelum aktiviti ACD dijalankan.
Justeru, tindakan merakam gambar, menfitnah dan menyebarkan di media sosial adalah satu kesalahan serius dan amat dikesali.
KKM amat berbangga dengan dua kakitangan ini iaitu seorang Penolong Pegawai Kesihatan Persekitaran (dahulu dikenali sebagai Inspektor Kesihatan) dan Pembantu Kesihatan Awam yang sabar dan tidak bertindak di luar batasan sebagai kakitangan awam walaupun dilayan secara tidak adil serta difitnah.
Jika ia melibatkan isu keselamatan, orang awam boleh menghubungi Pejabat Kesihatan Daerah atau pihak Polis jika merasa ragu-ragu dan bukannya bertindak seperti ini.
KKM berharap kes ini menjadi pengajaran kepada orang awam supaya tidak bertindak keterlaluan kepada kakitangan awam yang bersungguh-sungguh melaksanakan tugas yang diamanahkan demi menjaga kesihatan dan kesejahteraan rakyat semua.
Here is the English translation :
The Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM) is disappointed with the actions of the irresponsible party who took a photo and falsely accused two of our staff while on duty.
KKM is taking this action seriously and has made a police report for disrupting the duty of public servants and making false allegations.
On the day of the incident, 9 January 2020, these two of our staff were conduction Active Case Detection (ACD) for Malaria.
Both of our staff followed all the right procedures including showing their authority cards to the resident and conducting a survey of the area using an official department vehicle before carrying out the ACD activity.
Therefore, the action of taking the photo, making false accusations and spreading them on social media is a serious and greatly regrettable offence.
KKM is very proud of these two staff, a Deputy Environment Health Officer (used to be known as a Health Inspector) and a Public Health Assistant, who were both very patient and did not exceed their authority as public servants despite being mistreated and falsely accused.
If there are any security concerns, the public can contact the District Health Office or the police if you are in doubt, but no one should act like this.
KKM hopes that this case will be a lesson to the public not to be hostile to public servants who are hard at work, fulfilling their responsibilities to safeguard the health and well-being of our citizens.
Next time, you see these two officers, or any other government officers, please thank them for their service. At the very least, don’t impede their duties.
And of course, do NOT EVER make up fake stories like that!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- Magistrate Court SCAM ALERT! Ignore These Calls!
- Princeton University Fridge Magnets Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous People Who Mocked God Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The Brazilian Pastor’s Holy Milk Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Did Al Franken Get A Jew Call Warning Of 9/11 Attacks?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!