Are robbers pretending to be government officials to gain entry to our homes?!
Find out what’s going on, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Robbers Are Pretending To Be Government Officials!
People are sharing messages warning of a gang of robbers pretending to be government officials, together with a picture purportedly of one of these robbers.
Here is the English and Malay version of the viral warnings being shared on WhatsApp and Facebook :
Robbers Pretending To Be Government Officials : Fake News!
This is just FAKE NEWS. There is no gang of robbers pretending to be government officials!
The Malaysia Immigration Department and the Royal Malaysia Police announced on 13 July 2021, that the man in the photo is a genuine Immigration officer.
According to Ampang District Police Chief, ACP Mohamad Farouk Ishak, the Immigration officer was conducting an official investigation into an individual staying at a house in Pandan Indah, Ampang.
From the picture, you can clearly see that the officer is wearing a t-shirt with the Immigration Department HQ logo, and carries an Immigration Malaysia badge as well.
The Immigration officer introduced himself and inform the residents of the purpose of his visit. Therefore, the fake viral message is FALSE, and slanderous to the officer.
The 60 year-old Malaysian homeowner who hosted the Immigration officer during his inspection also lodged a police report over the matter.
- Over 200 IDCC Vaccination Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Six Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases!
- Stop Using MySejahtera To Choose COVID-19 Vaccine!
- COVID-19 Patients CANNOT Request For Ivermectin!
- Was Shopee Warehouse Closed After 50 COVID-19 Cases?
- Klinik Kesihatan Kelana Jaya Now Used For COVID-19 Cases?
- National COVID-19 Recovery Plan : 9 July 2021 Edition!
- Supermarkets + Departmental Stores Can Fully Open in Phase 1 Areas!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!