The Royal Selangor Golf Club just announced their 5th COVID-19 case, and advised their members to get tested!
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned about this potential COVID-19 cluster!
Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5 COVID-19 Cases So Far
On 2 November 2020, the Royal Selangor Golf Club (RSGC) confirmed their fifth COVID-19 case.
From what we can ascertain, this was the timeline of this developing crisis at the Royal Selangor Golf Club :
24 October : A club member, C1, used the men’s changing room, with staff member C4s present.
25 October : Another club member, C5, played golf and then attended an after-golf gathering at the Men’s Bar.
26 October : Another club member, C2, used the men’s changing room, with staff member C4s present.
27 October : RSGC announced the suspension of all sporting activities for 3 days, after the first club member, C1, tested positive for COVID-19.
The Club underwent deep sanitisation during those 3 days, and sent the first batch of 48 staff and caddies who were in close contact with C1 for tests on 28 October.
29 October : The second club member, C2, tested positive for COVID-19.
30 October : RSGC announced that they would close with immediate effect, until further notice. They also sent all of their remaining 410 employees for tests.
They claimed that MOH “do not recommend to close the Club” but advised them to keep it closed until the test results are out on 2nd or 3rd of November.
31 October : RSGC announced that a third club member, C3, tested positive for COVID-19 on 30 October.
They also revealed that C3 had been in close contact with C1, and had himself tested on 27 October, which came back negative.
However, on 30 October, he was not feeling well and had another test, which turned out positive.
1 November : RSGC announced that a staff member, C4s, had tested positive for COVID-19 after being tested on 28 October while under home quarantine.
According to them, C4s is a Clubhouse Men’s Changing Room (MCR) staff member, and was in close contact with C1 on 24 October, and C2 on 26 October.
They announced a second deep cleaning operation over 2nd and 3rd November, and will reopen when the remaining 47 employees in the first batch have tested negative.
They also announced that the second batch of 410 employees had already tested negative.
2 November : RSGC announced that a fourth member, C5, tested positive on 31 October 2020.
C5 played golf on Sunday, 25 October 2020 and was part of the after-golf gathering at the Men’s Bar.
However, he did not have any contact with C4s – the infected Clubhouse Men’s Changing Room (MCR) staff member.
Royal Selangor Golf Club : Please Get Tested!
The Clubhouse Men’s Changing Room (MCR) has high traffic flow and is a high area of contact.
Therefore, the Royal Selangor Golf Club is advising all members who used the MCR between 20 to 27 October 2020 to get tested for COVID-19.
This infection reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Reopens After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSB Bank Johor Bahru : Reopens After COVID-19 Cases!
- TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSJ HQ Closed After Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB Extended 2 Weeks!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Testing On 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Exposure Alert!
- ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!