Did Russia just destroy a NATO convoy of tanks, armoured vehicles, and other armaments destined for Ukraine?!
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Russia Just Destroyed NATO Arms Convoy To Ukraine!
People are sharing seven short video clips, which claim to show Russian forces quickly destroying a NATO convoy of tanks, armoured vehicles, and other armaments destined for Ukraine?!
The video clips are being shared with this message:
Truth : Russia Did Not Destroy NATO Arms Convoy To Ukraine!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created by the Russians, or the Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛), and spread by pro-CCP and pro-Russian netizens and groups.
Fact #1 : That Video Was From A Video Game
The viral video clips do not show any actual combat in Ukraine. They are merely gameplay videos from the computer game, ArmA 3.
ArmA 3, which is also known as ArmA III or Armed Assault 3, is an open-world, military tactical shooter game by Bohemia Interactive.
I’ll admit – this wasn’t easy to confirm, as the viral video clips were small. Hunting down the original video took considerable time and effort, but with a little luck, I found it!
The seven video clips appear to be edited from a YouTube video called Ukrainian soldier Blow up a pontoon bridge with Russian Military Convoy – Arma 3 by USF WARRIOR.
Here is one example of the seven video clips, so you can see how realistic (or not) it looks.
Fact #2 : That Was An American TOW Missile
In the example video I posted above, you can see the outline of a missile launcher. That is not a Russian missile launcher, but the M220 launcher for the American TOW BGM-71E anti-tank missile.
In other words – the video does not show Russian forces destroying a NATO convoy of tanks and other armoured vehicles. It actually shows Ukrainian forces using American weapons to destroy a Russian convoy in the ArmA 3 game.
Here is a comparison of the screenshot of the viral video (right) and a screenshot of the same TOW missile launcher (left) in the ArmA 3 game.
Interesting fact : the screenshot on the left is actually from another fake ArmA 3 video created but the Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛).
Recommended : Did NATO Promise Not To Expand One Inch Further East?!
Fact #3 : Those Are Russian Mil Mi-17 Helicopters
Understandably, it’s not easy to locate the original video. But even if you are not able to confirm that this was an Arma 3 gameplay video, any military buff or gamer would have quickly realised how ridiculous the claims are.
For example, these are Russian Mil Mi-17 helicopters. Some NATO countries like Czechoslovakia, Lithuania and Latvia used to own and operate them, but they should have long been disposed of.
Fact #4 : Those Are Russian Mil Mi-28N Helicopters
While it may be plausible for NATO countries to source and perhaps supply Ukraine with old Mi-17 helicopters, it would be impossible for them to supply Ukraine with these Russian Mil Mi-28N “Havoc” helicopters!
Only four countries have access to these Havoc helicopters – Russia, Iraq, Algeria and Uganda. NATO countries, even those who were formerly part of the Soviet Union, do not have these helicopters.
So it would be impossible for NATO to provide Ukraine with Mil Mi-28N helicopters.
Fact #5 : Those Are Russian BTR-80 Armoured Personnel Carriers
Those are Russian BTR-80 armoured personnel carriers. Granted, they are rather ubiquitous, with many examples worldwide.
However, the only NATO member with an abundance of these armoured personnel carriers is Turkey, and Turkey has not announced giving Ukraine any BTR-80s.
So if you see BTR-80s in Ukraine, it’s either Ukrainian or Russian vehicles.
Fact #6 : That Is A Russian 76N6 Clam Shell Radar
That is a Russian 76N6 Clam Shell low altitude search and acquisition radar for the Russian SA-10A/B (S-300) Grumble surface-to-air (SAM) missile system.
While the S-300 SAM system is rather ubiquitous as well, only one NATO member has ever donated an S-300 battery to Ukraine, and that’s Slovakia, which donated its only battery in April 2022.
Since then, no other NATO member country has any operational S-300 systems left. So it would be impossible for NATO to supply these radars together with the SAM missile batteries to Ukraine.
Fact #7 : There Are No NATO Forces In Ukraine
NATO Allied Land Command confirmed that “there are no NATO forces or leaders in Ukraine in any capacity“.
So the claim that NATO sent a convoy of tanks, armoured vehicles, and other armaments to Ukraine. Any military armaments supplied to Ukraine are transported into Ukraine by the Ukrainians, not NATO forces.
Even such convoys would never be close enough to the frontlines for Russian forces to attack.
Fact #8 : This Is Just Another Example of Pro-Russian Propaganda
This is yet another example of pro-Russian propaganda. Here are some other examples I fact checked in the past:
- Did Russia Just Destroy 4 Bradley Fighting Vehicles In Ukraine?!
- Did Trump Just Avert World War III, With Putin’s Help?!
- US, Canada, Ukraine Voted Against Anti-Nazi Resolution?!
- Did US Biolabs In Ukraine Create COVID-19 Virus?!
- Did Russia Shoot Down NATO Jets + Helicopters In Ukraine?!
- Is Monkeypox Outbreak From Lab Strain Made In Ukraine?!
- Did Russia Capture NATO Officers After Fall Of Azovstal?!
- Was Canadian General Trevor Kadier Arrested At Azovstal?!
- Did Russia Capture US Admiral Eric Olson In Azovstal?!
- Eurovision: Did Polish Presenter Give Nazi Salute To Ukraine?!
- Did Kalush Orchestra Give Nazi Salute At Eurovision 2022?!
- Was Captured Canadian General In Charge Of NATO Biolab?!
- Was Azov Battalion Caught Executing Civilians In Viral Video?!
- Is Hunter Biden Trapped In Azovstal With NATO Generals?!
- Did Russia Capture Canadian General Cadieu In Azovstal?!
- Did Russia Capture US General Roger Cloutier In Azovstal?!
- Secret NATO Headquarters Under Azovstal Exposed?!
- Was “Dead” Ukrainian Man Caught Waking Up On Live TV?!
- How Did Ukrainian Windows Remain Intact After Explosion?!
- Ukrainian Crisis Actor Caught Smoking While Acting Dead?!
- Was “Dead” Ukrainian Crisis Actor Caught Waking Up On TV?!
- Did Cody Longo Die Suddenly From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Xi Jinping Divorce His Wife To Serve China?!
- Did Lilly Kimbell Die Suddenly From Vaccine SADS?!
- Does Video Show F-22 Shooting China Spy Balloon?!
- Dr. Medina Culver + AFLDS Sued Over HCQ Death!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!