The entire state of Sabah is under a CMCO (PKPB) lockdown from 13-26 October 2020.
Here is the official MKN SOP on what’s allowed and what’s not allowed during the CMCO / PKPB lockdown of Sabah!
Sabah : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown For 2 Weeks!
After a third wave of COVID-19 cases, the Malaysia National Security Council ordered a CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order) lockdown of Sabah.
The CMCO lockdown of KL, Selangor and Putrajaya will kick off at 12:01 AM on 13 October 2020, and last until 26 October 2020.
Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
Here is the confirmed MKN SOP on what’s allowed and what’s not allowed during the CMCO / PKPB lockdown of Sabah :
- No one is allowed to enter or leave Sabah, except for Sabahans, those with passes issued by the Sabah state immigration department, spouses of essential workers, and those who received special permission by the Sabah state government.
- All individuals entering Sabah from air, sea and land must show a negative RT-PCR test 3 days before entry.
- Cross-district travel is forbidden, except for work, economic or industrial purposes.
- Workers will need a valid work pass or letter of permission from their employers to get past state and district roadblocks.
- Cross-district travel for emergencies (sickness and funeral) requires advanced notice to the police.
- Only two persons from each household are allowed to go out to purchase daily necessities.
- Vehicles carrying necessities are allowed to cross districts.
- Employers are encouraged to let their employees work from home.
- All business, economic and industrial activity can proceed as usual.
- Fishing, farming, plantation activities are allowed.
- Businesses and manufacturing, including small and medium industries, must obtain permission from the Sabah state disaster management committee.
- Restaurants, food stores, food trucks, hawkers, food courts, food stalls, food kiosks, groceries and convenience stores are allowed to open from 6 AM until 6 PM.
- Dine-in is not allowed. Food purchases are limited to food deliveries, drive-through purchases and take-aways.
- Wholesale markets and daily markets are allowed to open from 6 AM until 2 PM.
- Farmer’s markets and night markets are not allowed.
- Petrol stations are allowed to open from 6 AM until 6 PM.
- Public buses and express buses are forbidden to operate.
- Taxis and e-hailing vehicles are limited to 2 passengers, and allowed to operate from 6 AM until 8 PM.
- Food deliveries are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 8 PM.
- Hotels and motels are allowed to operate, but guests must remain in their rooms and order food through room service.
- Hotel and motel facilities like gymnasiums, swimming pools, dining halls, seminar rooms and so on, are not allowed.
- Public and private clinics and hospitals are allowed to open 24 hours.
- Pharmacies and drugstores are allowed to open from 6 AM until 6 PM.
ACTIVITIES IN THE SEA
- Boats around the coast and islands in the ESSZONE waters are only allowed for the purpose of purchasing food and essentials, from 6 AM until 2 PM.
- Fishing boats and fish delivery boats in ESSZONE waters registered with the Fisheries Department are allowed to operate from approved jetties from 6 AM until 6 PM. They need to have a permit from the District Police Chief.
- Non-Conventional Ships (NCS) from Indonesia and the Philippines are not allowed to enter ESSZONE waters for barter trade or transhipment.
PORTS + AIRPORTS
- All ports and airport services are allowed to operate.
- All religious activities in mosques, suraus and all other houses of worship are forbidden.
- Mosques and suraus are allowed to recite the akan, and establish the five daily prayers with up to 6 congregants, including the imam.
- All other houses of worship are limited to a maximum of 6 people.
ENTERTAINMENT, RECREATION + CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
- All recreational, social and cultural activities, including weddings, are forbidden.
- Entertainment centres, pubs, night clubs, exhibitions and cinemas are forbidden to open.
- Public parks, recreation centres, indoor and outdoor playgrounds are forbidden to open.
- Sporting events and competitions with spectators and/or with participants from other states are forbidden.
- All public and private schools, institutions of higher learning, vocational training institutes, kindergartens, day care centres, tahfiz centres must close.
SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCES
- All seminars, workshops, courses, training, conferences, lectures and MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) are forbidden.
- Face to face meetings are discouraged, and should be held through video conferencing.
- All forms of gatherings are forbidden.
- Any activity that results in many people gathering in public and makes it impossible to enforce social distancing is forbidden.
- All outstation tourism by Sabah residents is forbidden.
- Tourism within the state involving foreigners are forbidden, except from approved countries.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info By MyGCC?
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Entire Sabah Under CMCO Lockdown Starting 13 October!
- MBSB Sultan Ismail : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Maybank Bandar Puteri Puchong : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure
- 3 Damansara : Deep Cleaning After COVID-19 Case
- All Schools + Kindergartens To Close For 2 Weeks In Petaling!
- Mid Valley + Gardens : 3 Outlets Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Bangsar Shopping Centre : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning!
- OTK Gombak : Sanitised After COVID-19 Case
- Tropicana Golf : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning + Screening
- 1 Utama Shut Down, Visitors Advised To Screen For COVID-19
- Maybank Bandar Sri Damansara : COVID-19 Infection?
- Parkson 1 Utama : Shut Down After COVID-19 Infection!
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Sime Darby HQ Shut Down Because Of COVID-19
- SMK Taman Sea : Teacher Tested Positive For COVID-19?
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!