MKN finally clarified their definition of districts, so here is the district list for Sabah, Labuan and Sarawak that we compiled!
For Central states, please see KL, Selangor, Putrajaya District List
For Northern states, please see Penang, Perak, Kedah, Perlis District List
For Southern states, please see Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan District List
For Eastern states, please see Pahang, Kelantan, Terengganu District List
Interstate + Inter-District Travel : Forbidden Nationwide
But when the 10 km travel limit was lifted, MKN announced that inter-district and interstate travel are FORBIDDEN nationwide.
Ever since the inter-district travel was forbidden in Malaysia, people have wondered – how do you define the district in Johor, Melaka and Negeri Sembilan?
Unfortunately, the lack of a proper definition has confused the public – is KL a single district? Do we follow police districts or state districts?
This anecdotal post on social media claims that the police are issuing fines based on police districts, instead of state districts.
Apparently daerah in PKP mean ikut Daerah IPD polis.
Daughter came back from Subang Jaya to Bukit Jelutong kena saman merentasi Daerah katanya because of different IPD . As far as i know Daerah in Selangor ada 9 je..and Subang Jaya and Shah Alam is under Daerah Petaling. Called IPD Shah Alam to clarify yes they said kena saman because different Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah Jurisdiction.
Called MKN asking where is the SOP definition regarding Daerah.. Officer cannot answer but affirm Subang Jaya and Shah Alam under 1 daerah. Confused ask to refer to Polis… Polis ask to refer to MKN.. Polis officer confused MKN also confused.
Apparently Polis issue compound on behalf of Pejabat Kesihatan because under Akta Kesihatan..kompaun have to pay to Pejabat kesihatan in Kelana Jaya..so ask them kena mintak permit or not to go to Kelana Jaya pay kompoun..because different IPD ..no need pulak
Lastly called Pejabat Kesihatan they also confused why kena saman because same Daerah..lastly kena buat surat rayuan pembatalan kompaun. wasted whole morning making phone calls to get definition of Daerah. No Definite answer. Semua confused.
Adoi Malaysia..land of the Confused Civil Servant and Politicians
Travel Restriction : MKN Clarifies Definition Of District!
After weeks of uncertainty, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) finally clarified their definition of district for the inter-district travel ban.
On 20 February 2021, they released an updated MCO SOP, which included this definition of district.
- the entire federal territory of KL is considered as a single district
- the district borders are as defined by the states
In other words, you can travel without restrictions throughout the entire Kuala Lumpur, and districts as defined by the states, not the police.
Travel Restriction : Sabah, Labuan, Sarawak District List
Sabah District List
Sabah has several large divisions, divided into districts.
You are allowed to travel more than 10 kilometres from your home, but you can only travel within your district in Sabah.
So identify your district and your townships in Sabah below, and stay within your own district.
– Kota Kilas
– Padas Damit
- Kuala Penyu
– Kuala Penyu
– Pulau Tiga
- Kota Marudu
– Kota Marudu
– Kudat Town
– Pulau Banggi
– Pulau Balambangan
– Pulau Malawali
– Sungai Sungai
– Pulau Jambongan
– Kota Kinabatangan
– Sandakan town
– Batu Sapi
– Sungai Manila
- Lahad Datu
– Lahad Datu
– Bandar Cenderawasih
– Felda Sahabat
– Pulau Bum Bum
– Pulau Timbun mata
– Bandar Sri Indah
West Coast Division
- Kota Belud
– Kota Belud
- Kota Kinabalu
– Kota Kinabalu
– Pulau Sepanggar
– Pulau Gaya
– Lok Kawi
– Tanah Rata / Kituntul
– Tambiau / Mohimboyon
– Suminimpod / Kopongian
– Kudasang / Bundu Tuhan
– Lohan / Bongkud
– Karanaan / Togudon
– Tuaran town
– Gayaratau / Rungus
Labuan District List
The federal territory of Labuan – the Labuan island and six smaller islands are all part of one district. So you can freely travel throughout the whole of Labuan.
- Labuan Island
– Victoria Harbour
– Tanjung Punei
– Kubong Bluff
- Pulau Papan
- Pulau Kuraman
- Pulau Rusukan Kecil
- Pulau Rusukan Besar
- Pulau Burung
- Pulau Daat
Sarawak District List
Like Sabah, Sarawak has several large divisions, divided into districts.
You are allowed to travel more than 10 kilometres from your home, but you can only travel within your district in Sarawak.
So identify your district and your townships below, and stay within your own district.
– Kuching City
– Kota Padawan
Seri Aman Division
- Sri Aman
– Simanggana (Sri Aman)
– Batu Lintang
- Lubok Antu
– Lubok Antu
– Nanga Aup
– Sibu town
– Sungai Merah
– Sibu Jaya
– Kampung Bedil
– Miri city
– Kuala Baram
– Limbang town
– Batu Danau
– Nanga Medamit
– Lawas town
– Sarikei town
– Gunong Ayer
– Bintangor town
– Julau town
– Pakan town
– Kapit town
– Song town
– Belaga town
– Kota Samarahan
– Asajaya town
– Sadong Jaya
– Simunjan town
– Bintulu town
– Sebauh town
– Tatau town
– Kuala Tatau
– Betong town
– Saratok town
– Mukah town
– Dalat town
– Daro town
– Pulau Bruit
– Matu town
- Tanjung Manis
– Serian town
– Tebedu / Bandar Mutiara
- 1135 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 1 March 2021
- CoronaVac Vaccine Now In Malaysia, But No Approval Yet!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 15 March 2021!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- MICE + Busking Activities Allowed In MCO Areas!
- Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan District List : Travel Inside!
- Ampang Jaya Police HQ Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Pos Malaysia : No Road Tax Renewal Until April 2021!
- Tam Pui / Chinese Potty Not For Serving Wine / Soup!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Yet Another COVID-19 Case!
- Village Grocer EkoCheras Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!