You do NOT need to scan MySejahtera every hour while dining at a cafe, coffee shop or restaurant!
Find out what’s going on, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : You Must Scan MySejahtera Every Hour While Dining!
On 13 March 2021, two different messages started going viral on WhatsApp.
They both claim that we must all scan MySejahtera every hour, if we are eating or drinking in a cafe, coffee shop or restaurant.
You must remember this and share. ! If u eat in a restaurant or any outlet n spend over an hour there u must scan My Sejathera again. The same goes for drinking in a restaurant. You have to scan every hour, because the restaurant can only allow u to stay for one hour only. Many people don’t know this. Remember to tell your family members and friends the news. Don’t spend our innocent money on fine again. Come on our money are hard earned. 😭😭😭 We must be alert. 💪
Attention everyone! The same goes for drinking in the coffee shop or restaurant. You have to scan every hour, because the coffee shop or restaurant can only stay for one hour. Many people don’t know this. Remember to tell your family and friends the news, and don’t let authority to fine you.
No Need To Scan MySejahtera Every Hour While Dining!
After checking out the latest SOPs, we can confirm that there is NO NEED to scan MySejahtera every hour at any coffee shop, cafe, restaurant or eatery.
- CMCO SOP (10 March 2021)
- RMCO SOP (10 March 2021)
- Social Event SOP (24 February 2021)
- Food Sector SOP (3 June 2020)
- Retail Sector SOP (24 November 2020)
There will be those who wonder – how do YOU know for sure? Never mind they would rather trust some random WhatsApp message, here are the facts!
Fact #1 : MySejahtera Only Required On Entry
MySejahtera is meant to log when you enter a public premise, not how long you stay in one premise.
There is NO NEED for you to log your presence at any cafe or restaurant every hour.
If they needed to know how long you lingered at any premise, they would have made it a requirement to use MySejahtera to “log out” when you leave.
Fact #2 : They Would Not Have Targeted Just Cafe / Restaurant
If the government wanted to log how long people stayed in a premise, they would have made it a requirement for ALL retail outlets.
This would include supermarkets and grocery stores; not just eateries, cafes, coffee shops and restaurants.
Fact #3 : No Time Limit On Dining-In During MCO
Malaysia allowed dining-in from 10 February 2021 onwards, with these two requirements :
- Limited to two (2) persons per table.
- Must have minimum physical distance of 1 metre
There was no time limit for customers who are dining in at any eatery, cafe, coffee shop, or restaurant.
When MKN lifted the 2 persons per table limit, there was only one requirement – a minimum physical distance of 1 metre.
Again, there was no time limit for eating or drinking at any any eatery, cafe, coffee shop, or restaurant.
Fact #4 : No Dining Time Limit In CMCO / RMCO SOP
You only need to comply with ONE requirement – a minimum physical distance of 1 metre.
Fact #5 : 1 Hour Dining Time Limit In Pahang
The Pahang state government recently added a 1 hour dining time limit that stated on 5 March 2021.
However, scanning MySejahtera every hour will not help you avoid this time limit.
A quick check on MySejahtera will show the police just how many times you scanned MySejahtera at the same dining outlet, and therefore, how many hours you were there.
Fact #6 : No Dining Time Limit In Food Sector SOP
The Food Sector SOP, released on 3 June 2020, only lists these requirements :
- Workers with symptoms or temperature over 37.5 celsius are not allowed.
- Tables must be arranged 2 metres apart, to ensure 1 metre social distancing between customers
- Customers must be seated according to table size, and cannot exceed 4 for big tables.
- Workers must wear face masks at all times.
Fact #7 : No Dining Time Limit In Retail Sector SOP
The Retail Sector SOP (which covers cafes, coffee shops and restaurants), released on 24 Nov 2020, lists these requirements :
- Ensure that workers and customers are recorded (using MySejahtera or a log book).
- Ensure 1 metre physical distance within the premise
- Limit the number of customers at any one time
- Ensure that workers and customers wear face masks
- Limit the time within the premise (no time limit).
Fact #8 : No Dining Time Limit In Social Event SOP
Just in case, we even looked at the Social Event SOP, released on 24 February 2021, which lists these requirements :
- Guests with temperature over 37.5 celsius are not allowed.
- Guests queuing to enter must maintain 1 metre distance.
- Guests must wear face masks.
- Guests are limited to 50% of venue capacity.
- Tables must be arranged 2 metres apart, to ensure 1 metre social distancing between guests
Again, there is no mention of any time limit.
- Dining In Pahang Limited To 1 Hour Per Customer!
- MySejahtera Now Shows Correct Vaccination Dates!
- MySejahtera Fine : Now RM10K~50K, But Can Be Appealed!
- Latest CMCO / PKPB SOP : 12 March 2021 Edition!
- Latest RMCO / PKPP SOP : 12 March 2021 Edition!
- COVID-19, Emergency Fake News : Up to RM500K Fine + 6 Year Jail!
- MKN : CMCO + RMCO SOP Changes On 9 March 2021!
- MKN : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO Areas!
- Remote Control Electricity Saver Scam Alert!
- COVID-19 Vaccination : You Can Register Online / By Phone!
- Travel SOP For Sabah, Labuan + Sarawak (March 2021)
- MySejahtera : No Need To Register Again For Vaccination!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- SUKE Highway Collapse Due To Overloaded Trailer!
- Ismail Sabri : Klang Valley One Zone, But Putrajaya Off-Limits!
- Inter-District Travel Allowed Across Malaysia, Except In Sabah!
- MCO 2.0 Over, Now CMCO + RMCO Until 18 March 2021!
- CoronaVac Vaccine Now In Malaysia, But No Approval Yet!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 15 March 2021!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!