All traders and employees of the Sea Park wet market will be tested for COVID-19, after it was shut down for COVID-19 exposure.
Find out what happened, and what you should do if you have been to the Sea Park Wet Market earlier!
Sea Park Wet Market : All Traders + Employees To Be Tested For COVID-19
On 24 October 2020, Petaling Jaya mayor Datuk Mohd Sayuthi announced that all traders and employees at the Sea Park wet market will be tested for COVID-19 on Wednesday, 28 October 2020.
That decision came after a meeting between the Petaling District Health Office and the management of the privately-owned market on Saturday, 24 October 2020.
This was because the infected vegetable trader had four shoplifts in the market, and also supplied vegetables to the other traders in the market.
The Petaling District Health Office also ordered the wet market to be closed until further notice.
Sea Park Wet Market : Earlier COVID-19 Exposure
Earlier rumours of a COVID-19 case at the Sea Park wet market were “refuted” by claims on social media that the man suffered from a brain tumour.
Ok Sea Park market confirmed case from Second stall from the flower stall. Both uncle and aunty also got. And they are related to a number of stalls in and out of the market! I suspect that most stalls will be closed today. Try to avoid the area today.
I want to clarified that above news is fake news
I used to order flowers fr Mr Lee Florist in Seapark market.
I called him just now to double check regarding covid case
He told me nothing happened in market, he’s still selling flowers in market now
Veg man Mr Gan, had brain cancer few years back. Yesterday he had headache then ambulance came w PPE, they took him back to hos. Mr Gan’s doc clarified that he didn’t get covid, his headache is because of his brain tumor
However, the Kampung Tunku ADUN, Lim Yi Wei confirmed on 23 October 2020 that the man did indeed test positive for COVID-19.
After the PJ City Council and Ministry of Health visited the Sea Park wet market that day, they decided to close it until further notice.
Dear all, we have received news that a Sea Park market trader has tested positive for COVID-19. MBPJ and the Health Ministry have already visited the market today, and will close the market for the time being.
All traders and regular shoppers at Sea Park market, especially those who have visited in the last 14 days, are urged to remain calm and begin self-quarantining at home until MOH calls you for screening.
What does self-quarantine mean?
1. Do all of your activities in your bedroom – unless unavoidable
2. Wear a mask in shared spaces (living room, kitchen, bathroom)
3. Wash your hands frequently and maintain social distance from your family members
4. Use separate utensils (spoons, cups, etc.)
We will update with further details as we receive more information from the health authorities. For the wider Kg Tunku community, please continue to follow the SOPs. We can win this together 💪.
Sea Park Market COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employees.
If you happened to be in close contact with the market trader, you will be contacted and asked to undergo a screening test.
This wet market infection reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!