Here are the official announcements on the Selangor MCO / PKP, as well as Hari Raya SOP!
Here is what we know so far… we will update this article as we know more!
6 Districts In Selangor Under MCO Until 17 May 2021!
On 4 May 2021, Malaysia’s Senior Minister for Security Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaacob announced that these six districts in Selangor will come under stricter MCO (PKP) measures :
- Hulu Langat : Hulu Langat, Ampang, Cheras, Hulu Semenyih, Kajang, Semenyih, Beranang
– Bukit Raja
– Sungai Buloh : Subang, Bandar Damansara, Sungai Buloh, Bandar Sri Damansara, Merbau Sempak
– Damansara : Subang Jaya, Pekan Hicom, Bandar Sunway, Bandar Petaling Jaya, Kayu Ara, Bandar Glenmarie, Bandar Saujana, Shah Alam, Batu Tiga, Country Height
– Petaling : Puchong, Kinrara, Sungai Besi, Serdang
- Gombak : Batu, Rawang, Setapak, Ulu Kelang
- Klang : Klang, Kapar
- Kuala Langat : Bandar, Batu, Jugra, Kelanang, Morib, Tanjung 12, Teluk Panglima Garang
- Sepang : Sepang town, Dengkil, Labu
All six districts will be under MCO / PKP from 6 May 2021 until 17 May 2021.
Inter-district travel is FORBIDDEN for these districts under MCO, except for emergencies or work purposes.
Those travelling for work can use their employee’s pass, or employer’s letter to confirm that they need to travel for work.
Work From Home (WFH) policies will be announced by MITI for the private sector, and PKD for the public sector.
- Kuala Selangor : Api-Api, Bestari Jaya, Hujong Permatang, Hulu Tinggi, Ijok, Jeram, Kuala Selangor, Pasangan, Tanjung Karang
- Sabak Bernam : Bagan Nakhoda Omar, Panchang Bendena, Pasir Panjang, Sabak, Sungai Panjang,
- Ulu Selangor : Hulu Langat, Ampang, Cheras, Hulu Semenyih, Kajang, Semenyih, Beranang
MCO / CMCO / RMCO Updates For Selangor + Other States
Hari Raya travel and visitation is allowed with these restrictions :
- MCO / PKP : 1 Syawal only (limited to 15 people at one time)
- CMCO / PKPB : 1 to 3 Syawal only (limited to 20 people at one time)
- RMCO / PKPP : 1 to 3 Syawal only (limited to 25 people at one time)
- EMCO / PKPD : No visitation allowed.
Takbir raya and Solat Sunat Hari Raya in mosques is allowed in MCO / CMCO / RMCO areas, but this is at the discretion of the state government. However, both are not allowed in EMCO (PKPD) areas.
Takbir from home to home is FORBIDDEN in all areas – MCO / CMCO / RMCO / EMCO.
Hari Raya feasts in mosques are FORBIDDEN in MCO and EMCO areas, but allowed in CMCO and RMCO areas. However, the government strongly recommends that the food be offered as takeaway.
Visiting graves is allowed in certain areas, with these restrictions :
- MCO / PKP : Not allowed.
- CMCO / PKPB : Up to 6 people per lot, maximum 30 minutes
- RMCO / PKPP : Up to 6 people per lot, maximum 30 minutes
- EMCO / PKPD : Not allowed.
Open house for Hari Raya is FORBIDDEN in all areas – MCO, CMCO, RMCO, EMCO.
MCO Restrictions For Selangor
Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaacob said that the same MCO restrictions as before would apply to Selangor, like :
- Interstate and inter-district travel are FORBIDDEN, except for emergencies and work purposes.
- Travel because of emergencies require police permission.
- Travel for work requires worker’s pass or employer’s letter.
- Schools are allowed to open, subject to risk analysis by the State Health Department.
- Food premises, food trucks and food kiosks are only allowed to operate from 6 AM until 12 midnight.
- Food can only be purchased to takeaway, through drive-through or delivered. NO DINE IN ALLOWED!
- Grocers, convenience shops and pharmacies are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 10 PM.
- Petrol stations are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 10 PM, except on highways where they can operate 24 hours.
- Clinics, hospitals and medical labs can operate as usual.
- Daily markets, weekly markets, farmer’s market are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 2 PM.
- Ramadan bazaars are allowed to operate with strict SOP. It is up to the state to close them in MCO areas.
- Economic activities are allowed in all MCO areas, with strict SOP.
- Social activities are FORBIDDEN in all MCO areas – feasts, parties, weddings, receptions, anniversaries, etc.
- Personal recreation – exercise and sports – is allowed, as long as there is no physical contact, with physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Spa, night club, pub activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaokes and cinemas are FORBIDDEN.
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel For Social Visits, Not Work!
- Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!