Unlike what the media may have said, senior citizens in Malaysia will receive EITHER the Pfizer or the Sinovac vaccine against COVID-19!
Here is what you need to know, before you get vaccinated against COVID-19!
Senior Citizens Will Get Pfizer Or Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine!
The Malaysian media just posted articles claiming that senior citizens aged 60 years and above will be given the Sinovac vaccine. That’s not accurate.
The Coordinating Minister for COVID-19 Immunisation, Khairy Jamaluddin, announced on 12 April 2021, that both Pfizer and Sinovac vaccines will be used during Phase 2 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
He also mentioned that the Sinovac vaccine – CoronaVac – would also be given to senior citizens aged 60 years and above, because it was not done so earlier.
The JKJAV (Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply) just decided that the Sinovac vaccine is safe to administer to senior citizens as well.
Hence, senior citizens aged 60 years and older will receive either the Pfizer or the Sinovac vaccine.
Many of the media appeared to misinterpret that as senior citizens will receive the Sinovac vaccine, instead of the Pfizer vaccine.
Pfizer + Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccines : A Quick Primer
The Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine (BNT162b2) is an mRNA-based vaccine designed by BioNTech.
Unlike more traditional methods of using dead particles, or attenuated viruses, the mRNA vaccine teaches your cells to create proteins that mimic the SARS-CoV-2 virus, thereby triggering an immune response.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
The Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine, branded CoronaVac, is an inactivated virus vaccine.
It uses actual SARS-CoV-2 virus grown in Vero cells, and then killed using β-propiolactone.
Once injected into the body, the antigens on the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus triggers the body’s immune system.
Unlike the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines, CoronaVac only needs to be refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F), which makes it easy to distribute.
Recommended : CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- How To Check Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment?
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : 2 More Cases, 2 More Classes Closed!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 26 April 2021!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- RM500 Don Don Donki Giveaway Is A Scam!
- Singapore Doctor Did Not Get Adverse Reaction To Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 3.5 Million CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine Doses!
- Did Painkiller Kill This Doctor After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Gerik Policeman Did Not Die From COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Approves Second Source Of AstraZeneca Vaccine!
- PM : Travel Possible After COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Did Nike Make 666 Pairs Of Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
- MKN : Work From Home Ends For CMCO Areas!
- Pastor Valdeci’s Holy Milk Scandal Debunked!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!