Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore has officially refuted claims that their doctor had a severe reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Find out what’s going on, and what the FACTS really are!
Fake News : Singapore Doctor Had Severe Vaccine Reaction To Vaccine!
In the past few days, antivaxxers and netizens have been feverishly sharing a post on Facebook and WhatsApp claiming that a renown Singapore doctor suffered a stroke after getting the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
From what we understand, the long Facebook post (now deleted) was written by a man called Bun Ngok Fong, who claimed to be the cousin of this doctor.
In addition to claiming that the doctor had a severe reaction to the Pfizer vaccine, he made many other claims that were found to be completely false.
Singaporean People’s Power Party founder Goh Meng Seng then picked up on it, and share it out together with his alarmist claims about vaccine adverse effects.
Due to the dramatic claims they both made, the post went viral on Facebook and WhatsApp.
Out of respect for the family, we will not be sharing that viral post here.
Singapore Doctor Did NOT Have Adverse Reaction To Vaccine!
On 4 April 2021, Mount Elizabeth Hospital issued a short statement refuting Bun Ngok Fong’s Facebook post.
Claim : The Doctor Is Bun Ngok Fong’s Cousin
Verdict : False
In his now-deleted Facebook post, Bun Ngok Fong claimed that the doctor who suffered a stroke from the Pfizer vaccine is his cousin.
However, a friend of the family and Mount Elizabeth Hospital itself clarified that he is not related to their family :
The doctor’s family has also confirmed that the writer is not related to them and has written to Facebook to have the post removed.
Claim : The Doctor Had An Adverse Reaction To The Vaccine
Verdict : False
Bun Ngok Fong claimed that the doctor suffered an adverse reaction to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
Mount Elizabeth Hospital labelled his claims as untrue :
We are aware of a post circulating on Facebook, alleging that one of our doctors had a severe reaction a week after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. We wish to clarify that the allegations in the post are untrue.
Singapore Doctor’s Family : Please Respect Our Privacy
The doctor’s family is asking everyone to please respect their space and privacy during this difficult time for them.
Bun Ngok Fong either had his post removed by Facebook, or has voluntarily deleted it.
Goh Meng Seng shared Mount Elizabeth Hospital’s clarification, but kept a screenshot of Bun Ngok Fong’s post up.
If you received the viral message about this doctor’s alleged adverse reaction to the Pfizer vaccine, please DO NOT forward it any further.
If necessary, you share this fact check of the false claims. Otherwise, tell the sender that it’s fake news, and request that they stop sending it out anymore.
- Malaysia Buys 3.5 Million CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine Doses!
- Did Painkiller Kill This Doctor After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Gerik Policeman Did Not Die From COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Approves Second Source Of AstraZeneca Vaccine!
- PM : Travel Possible After COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Did Nike Make 666 Pairs Of Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
- MKN : Work From Home Ends For CMCO Areas!
- CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes Until 14 April 2021!
- Pastor Valdeci’s Holy Milk Scandal Debunked!
- Phase 2 Of COVID-19 Vaccination Will Start On 19 April 2021!
- Register Your Domestic Helper For Free COVID-19 Vaccine!
- No Immigration Op, But Always Carry Passport In Malaysia!
- Concrete Block Fell Off Lorry, Not SUKE Highway!
- LEGOLAND Malaysia : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Pub + Nightclub Fine Quietly Cut To RM5K + RM25K!
- Act 342 COVID Fines : What You Need To Know!
- RM500K “Insurance” Against COVID-19 Vaccine Injury!
- Malaysia Buys 18.9M More Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccine Doses!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!