A viral video appears to show that passengers are now required to wear blue PPE suits when you fly into or out of Singapore.
Take a look at the video yourself, and find out what the facts really are!
Passengers Wearing PPE Suits In Singapore Airport
The video showed passengers wearing blue PPE suits while they wait in Changi Airport for their flight out of Singapore, with the claim that you will have to pay for it :
Passengers must wear this suits on board like going to an operation room
Cost included in the air ticket.
So kiasu kiasi style
Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
The video is genuine and was recorded on 31 May 2020, showing real passengers in blue PPE suits waiting for their flight in Terminal 3 of Changi Airport in Singapore.
They Are Vietnamese Citizens
You can hear the passengers speaking Vietnamese in the video. They are actually part of 340 Vietnamese citizens being repatriated from Singapore after COVID-19 infections there approached 35,000.
They include the elderly, pregnant women, those with pre-existing health conditions, the young (under 18 years of age), or tourists with expired or expiring visas – all of whom paid their own fares for the flight.
The PPE Suit Was Required By Vietnam Airlines
It was Vietnam Airlines that required both passengers and aircrew to don those blue PPE suits, as well as face masks and gloves.
This requirement started on 15 May 2020, after two Vietnam Airlines flight attendants tested positive for COVID-19 after a repatriation flight from Russia.
They actually had to wear all that for the entire duration of the flight, and were quarantined upon arriving at Can Tho, a southern Vietnamese city.
PPE Suits Were Not Required Only In Singapore
This requirement to wear blue PPE suits, face masks and gloves was not exclusive to Singapore or Changi Airport.
It was mandated for all Vietnamese citizens being repatriated from COVID-19 hotspots by Vietnam Airlines.
Here are photos of the same precautions being carried out on Vietnamese citizens being repatriated from Taiwan :
Singapore Does Not Require PPE Suits In Changi Airport
Changi Airport in Singapore does not require passengers to wear PPE suits. They only require everyone to wear a face mask.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Two Areas In Banting Locked Down!
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- CMCO in Malaysia Extended To 9 June + No Raya Travel!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Fact Check : Chinese Man Attacked Over COVID-19 Racism!
- Bank Negara Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : What Changed?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!