Malaysia has conditionally approved the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine filled and finished by Pharmaniaga!
Find out this means for the COVID-19 vaccination program in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves Sinovac Vaccine Finished By Pharmaniaga!
On 23 April 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine finished by Pharmaniaga LifeScience received conditional approval from the NPRA (National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency).
CoronaVac Suspension for Injection COVID-19 Vaccine (Vero Cell), Inactivated
Registrant : Pharmaniaga Lifescience Sdn. Bhd.
Manufacturer : Sinovac Life Sciences Co. Ltd., China
This conditional approval would allow the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine filled and finished by Pharmaniaga LifeScience to be used in the Malaysia COVID-19 vaccination program.
Pharmaniaga Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
Sinovac CoronaVac an inactivated virus vaccine made from actual SARS-CoV-2 virus grown in Vero cells, and killed using β-propiolactone.
Once injected into the body, the antigens on the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus triggers the body’s immune system.
Pharmaniaga LifeScience imported 200 litres of the CoronaVac bulk vaccine, which arrived on 27 February 2021.
Once bottled, those 200 litres of bulk vaccine should produce over 300,000 CoronaVac doses – enough to vaccinate approximately 150,000 people.
The Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Khairy Jamaluddin, said that the government is paying Sinovac less for the vaccine because bottling is done by Pharmaniaga.
However, he declined to disclose more information, so it is unknown how much the government is saving, once the costs of Pharmaniaga’s bottling and distribution are included.
Recommended : CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel For Social Visits, Not Work!
- Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Can Travel Interstate For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Private Hospitals + Clinics To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines Too!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- How To Check Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment?
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : 2 More Cases, 2 More Classes Closed!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 26 April 2021!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: First Batch Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Arrives In Malaysia! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 398451 Cases, 371575 Discharged, 1462 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 404925 Cases, 375340 Discharged, 1492 Dead
Pingback: AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 408713 Cases, 377980 Discharged, 1506 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 411594 Cases, 380442 Discharged, 1521 Dead
Pingback: How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 420632 Cases, 387542 Discharged, 1574 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 424376 Cases, 389846 Discharged, 1591 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 427927 Cases, 392555 Discharged, 1610 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 432425 Cases, 396004 Discharged, 1632 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 436944 Cases, 398723 Discharged, 1657 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 440677 Cases, 401934 Discharged, 1683 Dead
Pingback: Kluang In Johor Now Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Too! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Vaccination @ WTC On 15-16 May Rescheduled! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia! - Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia To Come Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Nationwide!