Sitti Hikmawatty, the Indonesian Child Protection Commissioner, who famously claimed that sperm in swimming pools can get girls pregnant… has just been fired!
Find out what happened, and why she finally got fired for that sticky bit of advice…
Sitti Hikmawatty : Girls Can Get Pregnant By Sperm In Swimming Pool
Back in February, Sitti Hikmawatty claimed in an interview that girls can get pregnant from swimming in the same swimming pool as boys, because some boys have “an especially strong type of male sperm“!
Sitti claims that her opinion was based on the findings of an overseas journal, but never could locate that journal…
Sitti Hikmawatty Fired Over Sperm In Swimming Pool Claim
After she made the claim that girls can get pregnant by strong sperm in swimming pools, the Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) recommended her voluntary resignation or immediate removal, saying that :
- she violated the commission’s code of conduct of ethics by making that statement, and
- she was dishonest in claiming that it was b asked by scientific studies
Sitti refused to resign, and urged Indonesian President Joko Widodo to reconsider her dismissal.
On 27 April 2020, Indonesian President Joko Widodo finally signed a decree dishonourably discharging Sitti Hikmawatty from her position on the Indonesian Child Protection Commission.
She has since said that her dismissal was made in violation of procedure, and that she should have been given an administrative sanction, and a letter of reprimand instead.
No, Girls Cannot Get Pregnant By Swimming With Boys!
We actually wrote an article debunking this very nonsense earlier – Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools.
But here is a summary of how that urban legend was created, and why it is really impossible for girls to get pregnant by swimming with boys!
Pregnant By Swimming : The Origin
The urban legend and hysteria about girls getting pregnant by swimming with boys started with the 2009 lawsuit by a Polish mother, Magdalena Kwiatkowska, against an Egyptian hotel.
She alleged that her 13-year old daughter got pregnant by “stray sperm after taking a dip in the hotel’s mixed pool“.
Sperm Are Delicate Little Buggers!
Sperm cells are delicate, and easily destroyed or damaged by changes in pH, temperature, chemicals, exposure, etc.
That’s why the bulk of an ejaculate is made up of seminal plasma, fructose and other substances – all designed to protect the sperm cells against the hostile environment of a female vagina.
Sperm that are ejaculated into a swimming pool immediately lose those protective fluids, and literally killed by the lower temperature and the chlorine or bromine in the water.
Sperm Are Not Homing Torpedos!
They may look like homing torpedoes, but they do not travel in a straight line or even in the same direction.
While they may chemical receptions to help them “home” onto the egg in the home stretch, for most part – they just move around randomly.
Like the men who ejaculated them, they don’t ask for directions, and most end up going around in circles, end up in the wrong Fallopian tube, or get flushed out of the vagina.
Sperm Are Slower Than Snails!
Sperm cells also move at a very sedate 1-4 mm per minute. That’s a maximum speed of 24 centimetres or 9.5 inches per hour, and even that maximum speed erodes with time and changes in pH, temperature and the environment.
It would take 208 hours or just over 8.5 days for a very athletic sperm cell in ideal conditions to swim the length of a standard swimming pool.
Sperm Cannot Pass Through Barriers!
Even if a boy ejaculates right next to a girl’s crotch in a swimming pool, the sperm cells would have to drill through the water-soaked swimwear, and the girl’s closed labia. Beyond that is the hostile environment of the vagina.
There is no way for any sperm cell in a swimming pool to get through two physical barriers and survive a chemical barrier.
That’s why human sexual reproduction involves penetrative sex using a penis to deliver the sperm deep inside the vagina.
Recommended : Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment 😱
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Says COVID-19 Created By China!
- Fact Check : Fox News Hot Mic Leaks COVID-19 Hoax + Vaccine
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- How To Open A Pre-Cut Coconut, The Easy Way!
- Is COVID-19 An Airborne Virus? Here Are The Facts!
- Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Face Mask Recycling Scammers Exposed!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- Doctor Died Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19
- McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Scam EXPOSED!
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Thai King Died From COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- Bomohs Combine Powers To Trap COVID-19 Toyol!
- Did This Malaysian Student Die From COVID-19 In London?
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!