SJKC Puay Chai 2 in Bandar Utama has been allowed to reopen, after multiple students tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what’s going on, and whether you need to be concerned!
SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Reopens On 22 April 2021!
SJKC Puay Chai 2 just announced that they have been allowed to reopen on Thursday, 22 April 2021.
All classes will return to school, except for Class 2B, which is still under quarantine.
They also announced that all teachers and school staff underwent a PCR test on 15 April 2021, and they all tested NEGATIVE.
The school also asked that parents and guardians please DO NOT SEND their children to school, if :
- colleagues (of parents and guardians) tested positive for COVID-19
- parents and their family are on sick leave
- any member of the family has a cough, fever or flu symptoms
- any member of the family has symptoms
- any member of the family underwent a swab test or is waiting to get one, or waiting for the results
- family members of PUI (Patient Under Investigation) or PUS (Patient Under Surveillance).
SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Over Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
On 7 April 2021, SJKC Puay Chai 2 in Bandar Utama announced that a student in the 2M class tested positive for COVID-19.
On 9 April 2021, they announced that another two students in the 2U and 5B classes also tested positive for COVID—19. They too were infected from outside the school.
On 11 April 2021, another two students (from the same family) tested positive for COVID-19.
All five affected classes were closed, and their students and teachers asked to quarantine at home.
However, on 14 April 2021, the District Health Office ordered that Puay Chai 2 be closed indefinitely.
- the afternoon session on 13 April 2021 is suspended
- the school will be closed from 14 April 2021 onwards
- the district health office will notify the school when they are allowed to reopen.
- online learning and teaching at home (PDPR) will begin on 14 April 2021.
Puay Chai 2 has suffered multiple COVID-19 cases despite sanitising the classes every day. A year ago, they shared these pictures and videos of how they sanitise their classrooms after a positive COVID-19 case.
To be frank, sanitising schools will not prevent COVID-19 cases, as the SARS-CoV-2 virus is transmitted through droplets.
So it is far more important for teachers and students to strictly wear their face masks and maintain good hand hygiene, since physical distancing is impossible.
SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
Here is the official statement by SJKC Puay Chai 2 (in Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia) on their opening after multiple COVID-19 cases.
- PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel Even More!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Can Travel Interstate For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Private Hospitals + Clinics To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines Too!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- How To Check Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment?
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : 2 More Cases, 2 More Classes Closed!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 26 April 2021!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- RM500 Don Don Donki Giveaway Is A Scam!
- Singapore Doctor Did Not Get Adverse Reaction To Vaccine!
- Did Painkiller Kill This Doctor After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!