Even after TikTok agreed to remove Skull Breaker videos, kids continue to be injured by the Skull Breaker / Tripping Jump challenge.
We really need to make sure both the schools and our children are aware of the dangers and the consequences of the Skull Breaker / Tripping Jump challenge.
To that end, we compiled, and will update, this list of injuries that have been confirmed to be caused by the Skull Breaker / Tripping Jump challenge.
Skull Breaker / Tripping Jump / Rasteira Challenge On TikTok Explained!
Many people pooh-poohed the initial reports of the Skull Breaker TikTok challenge, claiming that it was a hoax. But it quickly spread across the world, as kids and even adults try to record themselves pranking others with it.
The challenge is simple in concept, but takes two to play it and an innocent victim to make fun of.
- Trick the victim into thinking that the two of you want to record a slow-motion video of all three jumping.
- Set up a camera to record the action, or have someone record it for you.
- As the victim jumps, you both kick his / her legs, so the victim falls flat while you guys laugh.
- Share the video on TikTok for likes!
Although at least one girl died from the challenge, it took months of public outrage before TikTok agreed to remove all such videos from their platform.
Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
While TikTok may have agreed to remove Skull Breaker videos when they find them, children (well, bullies) are apparently continuing with the challenge!
Either TikTok has not been particularly diligent, or the pranksters and influencers have given the challenge a new name. But the fact still remains – children continue to be victimised and injured by this stupid challenge.
We are also greatly concerned by some people who insist that this is an Internet hoax, or a mass hysteria event; and that parents and schools should not scare children with such silly tales.
Therefore, we decided to compile this public record of the injuries caused by the Skull Breaker TikTok challenge, so that there can be no doubt that the Skull Breaker TikTok challenge is REAL, and it continues to injure children.
11 November 2019 : Emanuela Medeiros (Killed)
16-year old Emanuela died after hitting her head on the ground during the Skull Breaker challenge (known then as the rasteira challenge) at the Antônio Fagundes Municipal School in Mossoró, Brazil.
Circa January 2020 : Lilian Calabianqui (NA)
Lilian was tricked into performing the Skull Breaker challenge by her own sons, the social media influencers who call themselves Irmaos Fuinha.
They were the ones who popularised the Skull Breaker challenge on TikTok, and arguably made it go global.
In their video, it was obvious that they knew about the danger and caught their mother before she hit her head on the floor.
Unfortunately, they did not warn the millions of young fans about that – and so, it set off a chain of injuries across the globe.
Recommended : Irmaos Fuinha : Thank These IDIOTS For Skull Breaker!
Late January 2020 : Marc and Stacy Shenker’s Son (Physical Therapy)
Marc and Stacy Shenker’s 13-year old son suffered a concussion in the Skull Breaker Challenge at the Cherry Hill middle school in New Jersey.
A month after that incident, he still complains of lethargy and headaches, and is on academic restriction. He is also starting physical therapy.
4 February 2020 : Unknown Student (NA)
The video of the Skull Breaker TikTok challenge being performed on a student at the Santo Tomas de Aquino School in Caracas, Venezuela went viral.
The very next day, the Chacao municipality posted this on Instagram, warning against the challenge :
4 February 2020 : Unknown Student (NA)
A 16-year old girl was bullied by two students into performing the challenge at the South Dade Senior High School :
The two perpetrators including the student filming the challenge were disciplined, but the victim had to transfer to another school, and is currently being treated for her injuries.
5 February 2020 : Justin Hodson (Hospitalised)
Justin was tricked into the Skull Breaker TikTok challenge, and hit his back and head. He lost consciousness trying to get up, and fell forward, injuring his face as well.
He was hospitalised with a head injury, stitches to his face, severe cuts inside his mouth and two front teeth injured.
Recommended : Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge : One Mother’s Warning!
Early February 2020 : Olivia Ross
In Portland, Oregon, Olivia Ross was tricked into performing the Skull Breaker challenge by two upperclassmen seniors at the Mountainside High School. She blacked out and had a headache after hitting her head :
You can clearly see from the screenshot below, that the two school seniors then posted the video on TikTok.
Olivia’s mother, Lindsay Zobrist, pointed out that anyone who types “Skull Breaking Challenge” or “Jumping Prank” or “Jump Trip” into TikTok will see hundreds of such videos.
11 February 2020 : Parker Smith (Broken Arm)
12-year old Parker Smith from Alabama broke both the radius and ulna bones of his right arm, after being tricked into participating in the Skull Breaker Challenge.
14 February 2020 : Aubrey Ortiz (Hospitalised)
12-year old Aubrey Ortiz from the South Brook Middle School was tricked by a boy and a girl at her school, who asked her to “learn a dance”.
23 February 2020 : Kathleen DeJesus (Hospitalised)
13-year old Kathleen DeJesus was targeted at the Lawrence Massachusetts Middle School, and spent two days in the hospital for a severe concussion :
25 February 2020 : Ke’Avion Hearn (Hospitalised)
Ke’Avion Hearn – a brain cancer survivor – was tricked into performing the challenge, and knocked unconscious by his classmates at the Southeast Arkansas Preparatory High School :
His mother, Kimberly Hearn said, “He doesn’t deserve that, no child deserves that. You made him fall on his head. That’s got to be so cruel, and you found it to be so funny.”
Hearn pointed out that getting hit on the head was even more dangerous for Ke’Avion, who underwent multiple surgeries and chemotherapy a few years ago for a large brain tumour.
- Tripping Jump / Skull Breaker Challenge : Warn Your Kids!
- Irmaos Fuinha : Thank These IDIOTS For Skull Breaker!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Killed This Girl : Warn Your Kids!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge : One Mother’s Warning!
- Tesco 101st Anniversary Scam Exposed!
- Get 10,000 FREE TNG RFID Tags At These Shell Stations!
- Fake TNB Contractor Asking To Inspect / Change Meter!
- Robbers Rammed Couple After Getting Caught In The Act!
- Robbers Pretending To Be Gov Officers Hoax Debunked!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- Magistrate Court SCAM ALERT! Ignore These Calls!
- Princeton University Fridge Magnets Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous People Who Mocked God Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The Brazilian Pastor’s Holy Milk Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Did Al Franken Get A Jew Call Warning Of 9/11 Attacks?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!