SOGO just shut down their Shah Alam branch in Central i-City after an employee tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
On 21 October 2020, Central i-City announced that an employee at SOGO Shah Alam tested positive for COVID-19.
They revealed that this SOGO Shah Alam employee had not reported to work since 16 October 2020, and was tested positive at around 3:19 PM on 21 October 2020.
SOGO confirmed the COVID-19 positive case at their Shah Alam outlet, declining to mention it was their employee.
This is the second time SOGO was affected by COVID-19, after All IT Hypermarket in SOGO KL has a positive ase.
However, they immediately shut down SOGO Shah Alam until 30 October 2020, for “a thorough sanitation and disinfection”. They will also send all of their staff for RT-PCR tests.
As additional precaution, Central i-City announced that they would close their mall early, and deep clean and sanitise the entire shopping centre.
Central i-City will reopen as usual on 22 October 2020, from 10 AM until 10 PM.
SOGO Shah Alam COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employees.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected SOGO Shah Alam employee, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
These shopping-related infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
Central i-City + SOGO Shah Alam On COVID-19 Exposure
Here was the initial official statement posted by Central i-City on 21 October 2020 :
𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝-𝟏𝟗 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲
1. Central i-City wishes to reiterate that safety is paramount to us, and we are committed to providing a safe and hygienic retail environment for all our customers, vendors, suppliers and tenants by employing the highest standards of safety procedures that are in accordance with guidelines set by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the National Security Council (NSC).
2. We regret to inform that an employee of our tenant, SOGO Department Store has tested positive for Covid19 — the unfortunate news was confirmed today at 3.19pm (21 October 2020).
3. The said employee has not reported for work since 16 October 2020 and is now being treated at a dedicated government hospital.
4. SOGO will be closed from 4.30pm today for deep cleaning and sanitisation work. As advised by their management team, all their staff will undergo swab testing.
5. For health and safety assurance, SOGO will be closed for the time being and we will advise their business resumption in due time.
6. In a prompt response, we are closing this evening at 8.00pm and will activate deep cleaning and sanitising procedures immediately tonight (21 October 2020) at the affected and surrounding areas, as well as the entire shopping centre, including walkways, elevators, escalator handrails, toilets and parking areas, in accordance with guidelines set by the MOH and NSC.
7. Central i-City will be open for business as usual tomorrow (22 October 2020), 10.00am – 10.00pm, unless otherwise advised by the MOH or NSC.
And here was the official statement by SOGO :
The management of SOGO Central i-City, Shah Alam outlet wishes to inform that in view of a positive COVID-19 case, as a precaution we will be closing the store from today until 30th October 2020 to carry out a thorough sanitation and disinfection of the entire premises.
Simultaneous with this, we will also be sending all our staff for RT-PCR tests to ensure that we can re-open the store with a complete peace of mind.
We wish to assure all our valued customers that your health and safety are foremost in our minds at all times.
We thank you for your patience and understanding and we will be back with our best offers on the 30th.
Until then, stay safe and healthy!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana To Reopen After Negative Tests
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!