Sony has decided to close their PG Tec facility in Penang, which manufactures audio products such as the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones!
Find out what’s going on, and what this means for their 3,400 employees and Sony fans!
Sony Malaysia To Close PG Tec Facility In Penang!
Sony has decided to shut down their PG Tec facility, which spans a land area of 172,000 m², with a total built-up area of 95,000 m².
Based in the Prai Industrial Zone in Penang, the Sony PG Tec facility produces audio products like the WH-1000XM3 and WP-SP900 headphones, wireless speakers, home theatre systems and Blu-ray players.
It is also the home of a local Sony R&D team that designed the Sony MHC-V81D sound system, amongst other audio products.
Penang Gov Confirms That Sony Will Close PG Tec Factory
Dato’ Haji Abdul Halim, the Penang Trade, Industry and Entrepreneur Development Exco, confirmed the decision, stating that the Penang state government will hold a press conference to address the matter.
According to him, the decision to close this high-tech manufacturing facility was due to “internal restructuring due to fierce market competition”.
The 3,400 or so employees at the Sony PG Tec facility will be offered a severance plan, or relocation to the Sony EMCS factory in Bangi, Selangor.
The Sony EMCS PG Tec facility is still operating at the moment, and will close in stages, fully ceasing operation in September 2021.
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Why Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Good Enough
- Fact Check : Fat Bidin Claims On MySejahtera Snooping!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Glenmarie Golf Club : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Australian PM Scott Morrison Thought That Madonna Died?
- Did Donald Trump Mistake Maradona For Madonna?
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Foreign Workers Walking Around With COVID-19 Bracelets?
- Did Old Town White Coffee Use PORK In Curry Mee?!
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
Go Back To > Toys & Tech
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Selangor CMCO / PKPB Extended To 20 December 2020! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 72694 Cases, 61273 Healed, 382 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 71359 Cases, 60204 Healed, 380 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 75306 Cases, 64056 Healed, 388 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 76265 Cases, 65124 Healed, 393 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 82246 Cases, 68084 Healed, 411 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 84846 Cases, 70597 Healed, 419 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 86618 Cases, 71681 Healed, 422 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 87913 Cases, 72733 Healed, 429 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Three Golf Clubs Hit By COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell's Palsy? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Man Only Fined RM2K For Assaulting Lady Who Honked Him! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 90816 Cases, 75244 Healed, 432 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 93309 Cases, 77309 Healed, 437 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 95327 Cases, 78393 Healed, 438 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lie : Doctor Infected! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 105096 Cases, 84411 Healed, 452 Dead | Rojak Pot