Here is the SOP for sports and exercise during the full lockdown of Malaysia, that was confirmed by the Ministry of Youth and Sports!
Sports + Exercise : Limited During Full Lockdown!
On 30 May 2021, the Malaysia’s Senior Minister for Security Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaacob gave a press conference detailing the total lockdown SOP that will kick in on 1 June 2021.
At that time, he said that individual sports and recreational activities without physical contact in open spaces are allowed, LIMITED to jogging and exercise with physical distancing of 2-3 metres within the neighbourhood.
That led to some confusion – what did he mean by exercise? Does that include cycling, tai-chi, yoga, etc?
Sports + Exercise During Full Lockdown : What’s Allowed?
On 31 May 2021, the Ministry of Youth and Sports clarified the SOP on sports and exercise during the full lockdown, which many Malaysians are calling FMCO (Full MCO).
- Only jogging and individual exercise without physical contact, are allowed in open spaces.
- Permitted individual exercises are static in nature, like stretching, skipping ropes, jumping and running in place, and so on.
- Jogging and individual exercise are only permitted within the neighbourhood (up to 10 km from your home) from 7 AM until 8 PM.
- When jogging and exercising, you must maintain a minimum physical distance of 2 to 3 metres from each other.
From what the Ministry of Youth and Sports have mentioned, it looks like cycling, skateboarding, rollerskating, etc are not permitted even if they are done individually.
The KL City Council – DBKL – also announced that all public parks are closed during the total lockdown (FMCO).
In addition, the government also announced that the following sporting activities are FORBIDDEN :
- Centralised training programs, including closed quarantined competitions are not permitted, except using Camp Based Training.
- All sports and recreation premises and facilities.
- International or local championships, competitions, and matches
- Sporting or recreational activities that cross district and state lines.
- Leisure fishing activities
Recommended : Malaysia Total Lockdown SOP : 31 May 2021 Update!
- Malaysia Total Lockdown SOP : 31 May 2021 Update!
- Breaking : TOTAL LOCKDOWN Across Malaysia For 2 Weeks!
- Check MySejahtera Even If You Failed To Get AstraZeneca 2.0!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Gone In 1 Hour But More Doses Coming!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 : Those On Waiting List Can Also Register!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Out From 26 May Onwards!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 For Below 60 : Registration Starts 26 May!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca Vaccine Round 2!
- WARNING : Klang Valley ICUs Now At 113% Capacity!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Programme Round 2 : Get Ready!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Look Out For The Alert!
- UKM Bangi Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ UM : A Video + Picture Guide!
- New Vaccination Process @ WTCKL Starting 15 May 2021!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!