The Malaysia Election Commission (SPR) has confirmed that they will work through the weekend, and will register all postal voters until October 23!
Please share this news out, and ask overseas Malaysians to continue register as postal voters!
Claim : SPR Will Not Register Postal Voters During Weekends / Holidays
The Malaysia Election Commission (SPR) earlier announced that early voting would begin on November 15, followed by voting for General Elections on November 19, 2022.
The SPR also announced that the last day for postal voters to register to vote by mail is Sunday, October 23, 2022.
However, overseas Malaysians trying to register to be postal voters were confronted with this notice when trying to register for their MySPR account (with my English translation) :
Sila ambil perhatian perkara berikut
- Permohonan yang dihantar pada jam 8.00 pagi hingga 12.00 tengah har waktu bekerja akan diproses pada hari yang sama sebelum jam 5.30 petang.
- Permohonan yang dihantar selepas jam 12.00 tengah har waktu bekerja akan diproses pada hari bekerja berikutnya sebelum jam 5.30 petang
- Permohonan yang dihantar pada Sabtu, Ahad atau Hari Kelepasan Am akan diproses pada hari bekerja berikutnya sebelum jam 5.30 petang
Please take note
- Applications sent between 8.00 am and 12.00 noon during working hours will be processed on the same day before 5.30 pm.
- Applications sent after 12.00 noon working hours will be processed on the following working day before 5.30 pm
- Applications sent on Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays will be processed on the next working day before 5.30 pm
In other words – overseas Malaysians have to apply for their MySPR account before 12 PM on Friday, October 21, or be automatically disqualified to register as postal voters.
Confirmed : SPR Will Register Postal Voters Until October 23!
I contacted the Bersih team regarding this issue, and I have great news – SPR will continue to process applications through the weekend, as these are not ordinary times.
Now that the 15th General Elections have been called, the SPR is working through the weekend and holidays to process MySPR applications and register postal voters.
SPR will accept all MySPR account applications and register postal voters until 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 23, 2022!
We’re in touch with @sprgovmy. They’ve assured us that they will be working this weekend. This is not ordinary times.
⏰ Deadline for postal registration is Sunday, 23 Oct, 11.59 pm (GMT+8)
So please help us spread the word, and encourage overseas Malaysians to sign up as postal voters for GE15!
Please also share with them my step-by-step guide on how to register for their MySPR account, and register as postal voters.
Read more : How To Register For Postal Vote In Malaysia!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Mikaben Did NOT Die From Vaccine Sudden Death!
- Are Petronas Petrol Stations Cheating Customers?!
- Did Doug Brignole Die From Vaccine Sudden Death?!
- Elon Musk Withdraws Demand For Starlink Funding!
- Young Athletes At High Risk Of Sudden Cardiac Arrest!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!