Scammers pretending to be from SPRM are trying to cheat people by claiming their company has tax issues!
Find out how these scammers are trying to cheat people, and WARN YOUR FAMILY + FRIENDS!
Fake SPRM Call About Company Taxes!
Alvin was almost scammed when he received a call from a scammer pretending to be a SPRM officer :
I receive the call from this number. There was an automated message with a female voice stating that the call was from SPRM. It repeated twice, and then the call was directed to a male.
The male spoke professionally in Malay. And he claims that he is calling from SPRM. Then he didn’t mention about my name and ask is this number – 017-xxxx-xxxx my current mobile number?
When I answered yes, he said my number was registered under a company name called xxxx (PP trading Sdn Bhd I think) then he said he received a complaint.
But before he went deeper into the details he asked me to verify myself. I said why should I? I told him that if he is from government, he should have my IC number.
But out of curiosity, I gave my IC number to find out what he’s planning. He mentioned my name, “Alvin”, and he said that my company registered in Kelantan had some issues with income tax. I knew it was a scam call, and cut the call and blocked the number.
Fortunately, Alvin does not own any company, which helped him realise it was just a scam call.
But many people do, and have been scammed by such calls, especially from authorities like the police, SPRM or the courts.
Scammers love pretending to be working for the authorities to scam you of your money!
Recommended : Magistrate Court SCAM ALERT! Ignore These Calls!
Why Such SPRM Calls Are Fake!
If you are wondering how know such calls are fake, here are the facts…
Fact #1 : SPRM Don’t Deal With Tax Issues
First of all, the SPRM (Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia) is the Malaysian anti-corruption agency. They will NOT call you up about tax matters involving your company.
If you or your company has tax issues, they will be handled by LHDN (Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri) – the Malaysian internal revenue board.
Fact #2 : SPRM Won’t Call You
If the SPRM has a need to obtain your company information, they will send you an official letter requesting the documents.
They won’t call you on the telephone, and definitely not on your mobile number.
Fact #3 : SPRM Warned Everyone About These Scam Calls
SPRM itself issued a warning about such scam calls back on 4 June 2018 :
SURUHANJAYA Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM) menasihatkan orang ramai agar berhati-hati dan tidak terpedaya sekiranya menerima panggilan telefon meragukan mendakwa daripada SPRM yang meminta beberapa maklumat peribadi termasuk butiran-butiran sulit kerana dikhuatiri ia panggilan palsu.
Ini susulan banyak aduan diterima SPRM daripada mangsa yang terpedaya dengan panggilan palsu berkenaan kebelakangan ini.
Sehubungan itu, orang ramai yang menerima panggilan meragukan ini, dinasihatkan agar terlebih dahulu mendapatkan pengesahan daripada mana-mana pejabat SPRM terdekat menerusi talian dan alamat yang dipaparkan di portal rasmi www.sprm.gov.my.
SPRM juga akan membuat laporan polis serta berharap Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (SKMM) akan menyiasat panggilan palsu ini yang telah menjejaskan nama dan reputasi SPRM.
SURUHANJAYA PENCEGAHAN RASUAH MALAYSIA
4 JUN 2018
Fake SPRM Call About Company Taxes : What Should You Do?
If you receive such scam calls, whether they are from SPRM or the courts, here is what you can do :
- hang up
- scold the scammer
- record the call and post it online to expose them
- lodge a complaint with SPRM and the police
- play along to waste their time and prevent them from scamming others
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you ever fall for this scam. Whatever you choose to do, do NOT believe for a second that you are in any trouble.
Do not give them any information about your company, bank account, etc. Certainly do not entertain any requests to transfer your money, or pay them a bribe to “solve the problem”.
And SHARE this article with your family and friends, to make sure they don’t get scammed!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August!
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- myBurgerLab : A Cyberbully Who Weaponised Social Media?
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- Limkokwing University Hit By Teaching Permit Accusation!
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8800 Cases, 8555 Recovered, 123 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Sarawak : New COVID-19 Quarantine Policy In August! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: There Is NO Fine For Not Wearing Face Mask In Your Car! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9023 Cases, 8702 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9083 Cases, 8784 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9200 Cases, 8859 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9235 Cases, 8925 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9306 Cases, 9030 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9317 Cases, 9038 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Kuala Lumpur Hit By Flash Floods Today! (22 Sept 2020) | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9628 Cases, 9167 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: People Flee Kedah Before EMCO Lockdown Kicks In! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,0031 Cases, 9235 Healed, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,0052 Cases, 9250 Healed, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: UOB Kepong Shut Down After Staff Contracts COVID-19 | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,919 Cases, 9835 Healed, 134 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jalan Bomba, Jalan Utama, Benteng PK + Bakawali Clusters! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 11,224 Cases, 9967 Healed, 136 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 11484 Cases, 10014 Healed, 136 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 12088 Cases, 10216 Healed, 137 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 12381 Cases, 10283 Healed, 137 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 1 Utama : Mac City Staff Infected With COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Fitness First Setia City Mall : COVID-19 Infection Confirmed | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Police Officer Explains CMCO Lockdown Of Klang | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Maybank Bandar Puteri Puchong : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure