St Francis Xavier Church Melaka confirmed that one of their priests tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
St Francis Xavier Church Melaka : One Priest Positive For COVID-19
On 11 December 2020, St Francis Xavier Church Melaka (SFXC) confirmed that one of their priests, Fr. Cyril, tested positive for COVID-19.
All priests present at SFXC on 3 December 2020 have been tested for COVID-19, and are under a 14-day quarantine.
Contact tracing is being undertaken by the Ministry of Health (KKM). If you are identified as a close contact, you will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
The SFXC Parish Pastoral Council is advising those who have been in close contact with the affected priest to get tested for COVID-19.
The Bishop of Malacca Johore Diocese has directed that weekend masses at St Francis Xavier Church Melaka WILL NOT BE CANCELLED, pursuant to the existing SOP of :
- limiting attendance to ⅓ capacity
- physical distancing
- hygienic practices
- wearing of face masks
Here is the official announcement by St Francis Xavier Church Melaka on their COVID-19 exposure :
Dear all, please take note of the following:-
- It is true that Fr. Cyril has contracted the Covid-19 virus.
- As a result and a preemptive measure, priests in the church (SFXC) on the 3rd of Dec have undergone the test. They will be quarantined for 14 days.
- There will be no need for panic from the congregation as the MKN will contact you directly if their investigations deem you in close contact and require yourself tested.
- If you were in close contact with said priest, then you may get yourself checked as a precaution.
- *Weekend masses WILL NOT BE CANCELLED.* (as per Bishop’s directive)
*AVOID ANY AND ALL SPECULATION. When attending masses, please strictly observe the set SOPs.*
_Stay safe and hygienic._
PPC of St. Francis Xavier, Malacca.
St Francis Xavier Church Melaka COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As mentioned earlier, the Ministry of Health and EkoCheras Mall will be conducting contact tracing, and those identified to be close contacts will be contacted and asked the quarantine and get tested.
But if you did not log your visit and/or have come into close contact with the affected priest at the church or outside, you should self-quarantine and get tested.
Again, this serves as a reminder of the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the daily cleaning of the church will definitely clean it of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
That is why we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 411 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 12 December 2020
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!