Supermarkets and departmental stores are now allowed to sell clothes, cosmetics, decorations and children toys in Phase 1 areas!
Here is what you need to know!
Sale of Clothes, Cosmetics + Toys Allowed in Phase 1 Areas!
When the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) first announced the Phase 1 SOP, it allowed supermarkets, hypermarkets and departmental stores to open.
However, they were NOT ALLOWED to sell clothes, decorations, cosmetics and children toys.
That changed on 6 July 2021, when MKN released an updated SOP. They did not mention what they changed, but the 6 July 2021 SOP allowed :
- busking in COVID-19 vaccination centres (PPVs), and
- supermarkets, hypermarkets and departmental stores to sell clothes, decorations, cosmetics and children toys.
In other words, supermarkets, hypermarkets and departmental stores can now fully reopen in Phase 1 areas.
Recommended : National COVID-19 Recovery Plan : 9 July 2021 Edition!
Businesses Allowed in Phase 1 Areas!
Here is the current list of businesses that are allowed in Phase 1 areas :
Essential Services According To Sector
All industries are FORBIDDEN, except for the following sectors :
Manufacturing (60% employee capacity)
- Aerospace (components and maintenance, repair and overhaul – MRO)
- Food and beverage
- Packaging and printing materials, only related to food and health
- Personal care and cleaning products
- Healthcare and medical medicine
- Personal care items, personal protective equipment (PPE), including rubber gloves and fire safety equipment
- Components for medical devices.
- Electrical and electronics of global economic chain importance
- Oil and gas, including petrochemicals and petrochemical products
- Machinery and equipment for health and food products
- Textiles for PPE production only
- Production, distillation, storage, supply and distribution of fuels and lubricants
Agriculture, Fisheries, Livestock, Plantation and Commodities (“optimal” employee capacity)
- Agriculture, fisheries and livestock and their supply chains – for example, shops selling fertilisers and pesticides, or oil palm fruit processing factories are allowed to operate
- Oil palm, rubber, pepper and cocoa plantation and commodities including their supply chains
- Critical maintenance and repair works
- Major public infrastructure and construction works
- Building construction works that provide complete employee accommodation at construction sites, or workers that are housed in Centralised Workers Quarters (CLQ).
- Construction works of small projects carried out by G1 and G2 contractors.
Trade + Distribution
- Shopping malls must be CLOSED, except for supermarkets, hypermarkets, departmental stores and premises selling food and beverages, essential items, pharmacy, personal care, convenience store, mini mart, and restaurants for takeaway and home delivery.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and departmental stores.
- Pharmacies, self-care stores, convenience stores and mini marts.
- Laundry services, including self-service laundromats
- Pet care and pet food stores
- Eyewear and optical goods stores
- Hardware stores
- E-commerce – all product categories
- Wholesale and distribution – for all essential products only
- Vehicle workshops, maintenance and spare parts
- Other specialty retail store (petrol stations)
Recommended : MCO Recovery Phase 1 SOP : 6 July 2021 Edition!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Thank you in advanced!
- KL + Selangor EMCO 3.0 SOP : 7 July 2021 Edition!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Sabah Upgraded To COVID-19 Recovery Phase 2!
- More Sectors Allowed To Open In Selangor EMCO Areas!
- BIG @ IPC : Another Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- How To Avoid Empty COVID-19 Vaccine Injection?
- Don’t Use MySejahtera Helpdesk For Vaccine Appointment!
- MCO Recovery Phase 1 SOP : 6 July 2021 Edition!
- MCO Recovery Phase 2 SOP : 6 July 2021 Edition!
- AEON 1 Utama Reopening After Sanitisation + Swab Tests!
- 1 Utama : No Delta Variant COVID-19 Infections!
- Busking Now Allowed At Vaccination Centres (PPV)!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!