Is the Taiwan government full of Japanese spies working as high-ranking officials?!
Take a look at the viral claim about the Taiwan government, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Taiwan Government Is Full Of Japanese Spies!
People are sharing a post which claims that many high-ranking Taiwan government officials are really Japanese spies or agents.
It’s pretty long, so feel free to skip to the next section for the facts…
Truth : Taiwan Government Is NOT Full Of Japanese Spies!
None of the Taiwan government officials mentioned in the viral post are Japanese citizens or have Japanese heritage. They are also not Japanese spies or secret agents.
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created by the Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛), and shared by pro-CCP netizens, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : Lee Teng-hui Was First Taiwan-Born President
Lee Teng-hui (李登輝) was born in 1923, during Japanese colonial rule. Like other Taiwanese under Japanese rule, he was given a Japanese name. However, it was Iwasato Masao (岩里 政男／いわさと まさお), not Noboru Iwasato.
Lee Teng-hui was also not of Japanese descent. He was of Tingzhou Hakka decent, from the Yonding district of the Fujian Province in mainland China, not Mizawa in the Aomori Prefecture of Japan.
Lee Teng-hui eventually became the first Taiwan-born President of the Republic of China.
Ironically, Lee joined the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) not once, but twice – in 1946 and 1947, and his New Democracy Association that he formed was absorbed by the CCP.
Fact #2 : Tsai Ing-wen Is First Female President Of Taiwan
Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) was born on 31 August 1956, in Taipei – the capital of Taiwan. She eventually became the first female President of Taiwan, so it is ridiculous to accuse her of being a Japanese spy or secret agent.
Taiwan was already free from Japanese occupation when she was born, so she did not have the Japanese name, Uemhara English as alleged by the fake post.
Tsai Ing-wen is also not of Japanese origin. Her family originated in the Fangshan town of Pingtung County, in southern Taiwan, not Nihe in the Iwate Prefecture of Japan.
Fact #3 : Chen Chi-chung Grew Up On A Taiwanese Farm
Chen Chi-chung (陳吉仲) has been the Taiwan Minister of Council of Agriculture since January 2019.
He is of Chinese ancestry, and does not have any Japanese name, and certainly not Tozuka Jizuka.
Chen Chi-chung grew up on a farm in Wandan, Pingtung County in southern Taiwan, not Abashiri City in Hokkaido, Japan.
Fact #4 : Lai Ching-te Grew Up In Taipei
Willam Lai Ching-te (賴淸德) was born in a free Taiwan, so he does not have any Japanese name, and certainly not Kiyotoku Teraoka.
Lai was also born in Wanli on October 6, 1959, in what is now New Taipei City. He certainly did not originate from Tamura in the Fukushima Prefecture of Japan.
He is currently the Vice-President of Taiwan, after serving as the running mate of President Tsai Ing-wen. So it is also ridiculous to accuse him of being a Japanese spy or secret agent.
Fact #5 : Chen Chu Grew Up In Taipei
Joyce Chen Chu (陳菊) was born on June 10, 1950. This was after Japanese occupation ended, so she did not have the Japanese name, Kikuto Tsukasa, as alleged by the fake post.
Her family originated from Sanxing in the Yilan County of Taiwan, not Kuroishi in the Aomori Prefecture of Japan.
She currently serves as the President of the Control Yuan, and the Chair of the National Human Rights Commission in Taiwan.
Fact #6 : Chen Shui-bian Grew Up In Tainan
Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁) was born on October 12, 1950. This was after Japanese occupation ended, so he did not have the Japanese name, Shimabukuro Mizuhira, as alleged by the fake post.
He grew up on a farm in the Guantian Township of Tainan County in Taiwan, not Hachimantai in the Iwate Province of Japan.
His family are Hokkien people from the Zhao’an county of the southern Fujian province of mainland China.
He was the first politician from the Democratic Progressive Party to become President of Taiwan, breaking the 55 years of Kuomintang’s rule.
Needless to say – it is absurd to accuse a former President of Taiwan of being a Japanese spy or secret agent.
Fact #7 : Hsieh Chang-ting Was Born In Taipei
Frank Hsieh Chang-ting (謝長廷) was born in Dadaocheng in Taipei in 1946. Again, this was after Japanese occupation ended, so he did not have a Japanese name.
Even if Hsieh had a Japanese name, it wouldn’t be something as ridiculous as Oka Minister Ting.
He is a 7th generation native Taiwanese of part-Hokkien, part-aboriginal descent, whose ancestor Hsieh Kuang-yu (謝光玉) migrated from Tongshan in the Fujian Province of mainland China.
He certainly did not originate from Ono, in the Fukushima Prefecture of Japan.
Hsieh is currently the head of the Association of Taiwan-Japan Relations.
Fact #8 : Su Tseng-chang Was Born In Pingtung
Su Tseng-chang was born on 28 July 1947. As this was after Japanese occupation of Taiwan ended, he did not have a Japanese name, and certainly not Honda Sadamasa.
He was born in Pingtung in southern Taiwan, not Minami Soma City in the Fukushima City of Japan.
He is currently the Premier of Taiwan, serving since 2019, so it would be absurd to label him as a Japanese spy or secret agent.
Fact #9 : Lin Yi-hsiung Was Born In Pingtung
Lin Yi-hsiung (林義雄) was born in 1941, during Japanese colonial rule. However, he does not appear to have any Japanese name. Nor is he associated with the name, Yoshio Kojima.
Lin Yi-hsiung is also not of Japanese descent. He was born in Wujie Township of the Yilan County in Taiwan, not Abashiri City in Hokkaido, Japan.
Lin ceased being active in politics since campaigning for two Democratic Progressive Party candidates in 2006. Since then, he has been focused on halting construction of nuclear plants in Taiwan, even starting a hunger strike in 2014 which ended after the government pledged to halt construction of the Fourth Nuclear Power Plant in New Taipei City.
Fact #10 : This Is Just Chinese Propaganda
This is just another example of Chinese propaganda created by the infamous Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛).
All of the wumao articles and videos that I looked at so far have proven to be false… at every instance. So please watch out for such false claims.
- Did US Navy Fleet Escort Nancy Pelosi To Taiwan?!
- Is US Sending Infected Birds To Spread Monkeypox?!
- Did EU Torture + Kill Hundreds Of African Refugees?!
- Did China Reduce 4X More Air Pollution Than US/EU?!
- Did US Send 7000 Insects To Destroy Crops In China?!
- Do mRNA Vaccines Cause Invasion Of Killer Lymphocytes?!
- US, Canada, Ukraine Voted Against Anti-Nazi Resolution?!
- Did Dutch Gov Close Farms To Fight Climate Change?!
- Are Western Media Covering Up Riots In US West Coast?!
- Did This American Man Harass Chinese Female Tourists?!
- Did US Biolabs In Ukraine Create COVID-19 Virus?!
- Did Russia Shoot Down NATO Jets + Helicopters In Ukraine?!
- This Viral Photo Of Luxembourg PM + His Wife Is FAKE!
- Did Russia Capture US Admiral Eric Olson In Azovstal?!
- Was Captured Canadian General In Charge Of NATO Biolab?!
- Did Russia Capture Canadian General Cadieu In Azovstal?!
- Secret NATO Headquarters Under Azovstal Exposed?!
- Was Pfizer Vice President Arrested For Vaccine Scandal?!
- Does US Have Biological Warfare Labs In South Korea?!
- CNN Reporter Caught Faking Chinese Translation On TV?!
- Did China Lock Down Shanghai To Spite US Over Ukraine?!
- Did US Refuse WHO Investigation Of Fort Detrick?!
- Was “Dead” Ukrainian Man Caught Waking Up On Live TV?!
- Jin Yut Lew : Was US Chef Attacked For Being Chinese?!
- Did Chinese Jamming Attacks Force US Navy To Withdraw?!
- Did Western Countries Just Steal $600 Billion From Russia?!
Please help us fight fake news – SHARE this article, and SUPPORT our work!
- Did Magic Johnson Donate HIV-Infected Blood?!
- Zhang Xiaolang Pleads Guilty To Apple Car Data Theft!
- Did More People Die From Vaccine Than Virus In Taiwan?!
- Was Human Meat Found In McDonald’s Factories?!
- Did China Reduce 4X More Air Pollution Than US/EU?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!