Tesco just announced that 5 of their employees at their Ampang store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19
On 5 January 2021, Tesco announced that 5 employees at their Ampang store tested positive for COVID-19.
The first employee tested positive for COVID-19 on 23 December 2020, after she sought treatment at a hospital for a non-COVID related medical condition.
Tesco Ampang then identified 22 other employees who were in close contact, and placed them under home quarantine.
They were subsequently tested for COVID-19, resulting in four positive, and 18 negative cases.
However, Tesco only announced this 13 days later, together with their announcement that they sanitised and deep cleaned their Ampang store on 23, 27 and 30 December 2020.
Tesco Ampang COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Tesco on the COVID-19 exposure at their Ampang store.
Tesco Ampang COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
It is peculiar that Tesco only announced the COVID-19 exposure at their Ampang store 13 DAYS after their employees tested positive.
Without knowing whether these employees were customer-facing, there’s no way to assess how much risk they posed to customers.
In any case, Tesco is correct that we need to take precautionary measures to protect ourselves, like observing good hygiene, practising physical distancing and wearing face masks.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- 24 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties!
- Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!