Tesco just announced that they are reopening their Mutiara Damansara store and mall, after clearing a total of 48 COVID-19 cases!
Tesco Mutiara Damansara : 48 COVID-19 Cases In Total
Tesco shut down their Mutiara Damansara store and all other mall outlets on 23 October 2020, after 8 of their employees tested positive for COVID-19. This number later increased to 10 employees.
They then screened all 715 employees and mall tenants on 24 and 25 October 2020, followed by a complete sanitisation and deep cleaning of the entire mall on the night of 25 October 2020.
The screening tests detected 38 additional positive cases – 17 Tesco employees and 21 tenants. All of them were taken to the Sungai Buloh Hospital for treatment.
The 17 Tesco employees were not part of the 53 close contacts of the initial 10 cases, who were tested earlier. They did not exhibit any symptoms prior to the screening.
Therefore, a total of 48 cases were detected at Tesco Mutiara Damansara. This comes close to earlier claims that there were 50 cases.
Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After All COVID Cases Discharged!
Unlike 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Tesco decided to close their Mutiara Damansara store and mall for more than 2 weeks as a precautionary measure.
Even those who tested negative were asked to stay home, and their progress monitored.
And now, Tesco reported that all of their affected employees and tenants have recovered, and been discharged, and are ready to return to work.
With that, Tesco announced that they are reopening the Mutiara Damansara store and mall on Sunday, 8 November 2020.
Tesco Mutiara Damansara Reopening : What’s The COVID-19 Risk?
We believe that Tesco Mutiara Damansara’s more cautious decision to shut down for more than 2 weeks will ensure that all of their employees and tenants are free of COVID-19 when they reopen on 8 November 2020.
However, tests are snapshots in time, and 1 Utama Shopping Centre continues to be blighted by new cases after reopening, even though they cleared all of their employees and tenants in a massive screening program.
These shopping mall infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the mall of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Komugi 1 Utama : Closed After Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Bayan Lepas in Penang : CMCO / PKPB on 6 November!
- KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
- Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020!
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Reopens After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSB Bank Johor Bahru : Reopens After COVID-19 Cases!
- TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSJ HQ Closed After Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Peniaga Sekendhend or Peniaga Barang Terpakai? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO? 🤔 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 43791 Cases, 32069 Healed, 303 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did Old Town White Coffee Use PORK In Curry Mee?! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 49730 Cases, 36624 Healed, 318 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Murni Discovery Cheras : 7 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 50390 Cases, 37254 Healed, 322 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Kelantan Under CMCO / PKPB Starting 21 November! 😱 | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: UNIQLO Empire Subang : Staff Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Nestle Malaysia : One Employee Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: A Father's Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19... 😭 | The Rojak Pot