A man was just spotted walking in Tesco Peringgit Melaka, completely maskless and wearing what appears to be a white HSO bracelet!
Updated @ 2020-01-08 : The man is a dialysis patient, and that is not a HSO Bracelet. More details below…
Updated @ 2020-01-10 : Updated with the official statement from Tesco Malaysia.
Maskless Man Walking At Tesco With White HSO Bracelet?
A netizen spotted this man walking around Tesco Peringgit Melaka, completely maskless and wearing what appears to be a white HSO bracelet!
NOT A HSO Bracelet : It’s An AVF Label
Although we earlier believed that it could be another example of a home quarantine flouter, we can now confirm that the man was NOT wearing a HSO bracelet.
He is a dialysis patient, with a bracelet telling healthcare professionals that he has a left arteriovenous fistula.
This is therefore another misunderstanding, just like the case of a man getting his antibody test.
Here is a close-up photo of his bracelet, shared by someone working at Tesco Peringgit Melaka.
As you can see, it states LEFT AVF, instead of the place and date of COVID-19 testing, as a real HSO bracelet would show (see below).
No Face Mask!
Since 1 August 2020, everyone in Malaysia is required to wear a face mask in public, including inside public transportation, and wherever social distancing is impossible.
Those who flout this mandatory face mask rule is subject to a fine of RM 1,000.
While the netizen who took this picture said that the man was walking out of the cafeteria, that is not an excuse for not wearing a face mask.
That said, the man could just have forgotten to put on his face mask after eating.
Tesco Malaysia On Maskless Man Wearing White Bracelet
On 8 January 2021, Tesco Malaysia issued this statement on the viral video of the maskless man wearing a white bracelet at their Peringgit Melaka mall :
What Is A HSO Bracelet?
Every person under quarantine – officially HSO (Home Surveillance Order) – must wear a bracelet, which can be white, red, yellow, blue or pink in colour.
The bracelet will state the place and date of testing. The individual wearing it cannot remove the bracelet, and must stay at home until the quarantine period is over.
While those wearing a HSO bracelet are not necessarily COVID-19 positive, they are potentially infected. Hence, they are not allowed to leave their house quarantine.
The bracelet can only be cut by authorised officers at the District Health Office, after the wearers have completed their quarantine.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health has called for the public to report those who are seen in public with these quarantine bracelets.
But note that some may have legitimate reasons to be out, like getting an antibody test.
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 521 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 January 2021
- Maybank Alor Setar Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Genting Highlands Employees + Visitors Quarantined For COVID-19?
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!