MOH shut down TGI Fridays at Queensbay Mall in Penang today, after a customer tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned about this new development!
TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
On 27 October 2020, Malaysia Ministry of Health officers shut down TGI Fridays at Queensbay Mall in Penang, after a customer tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected customer was part of a group who visited this TGI Fridays Queensbay Mall outlet, allegedly at 8 PM on Saturday, 24 October 2020.
After this customer tested positive for COVID-19, health officers visited TGI Fridays at Queensbay Mall on the morning of 27 October 2020 and ordered it closed from 12:30 PM until further notice.
Their 11 employees were also asked to self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
TGI Fridays Queensbay COVID-19 Case : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, TGI Fridays will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who were at their Queensbay Mall outlet at the same time as the affected customer.
If you happened to be in close contact with the customer, you will be contacted and asked to undergo a screening test and self-quarantine.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB Extended 2 Weeks!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Testing On 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 28640 Cases, 18499 Healed, 238 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 29441 Cases, 19072 Healed, 246 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020! | Rojak pot
Pingback: Bayan Lepas in Penang : CMCO / PKPB on 6 November! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 38189 Cases, 26380 Healed, 279 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot