The Internet is abuzz with the rumours about the death of the Thai King, Maha Vajiralongkorn, from COVID-19, while self-isolating in Germany.
Well, that is yet another Internet hoax, and here are the reasons why…
Claim : Thai King Died From COVID-19?
News about the Thai King’s death from COVID-19 appeared on a website called The StuffPost :
Here is a screenshot of the page, with a HOAX overlay to avoid misuse.
Thai King Died From COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
The Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn is alive and well… and we know this because…
Reason #1 : No news agencies reported his death
Major news agencies like AP, CNN, BBC, etc would have reported almost instantly on the Thai King’s death, if it was true.
But a quick check will reveal that no new agencies have reported the King’s death, only this one website. That should tell you that this isn’t true at all.
Reason #2 : Why does The StuffPost use NYCINews.com?
The odd thing about The StuffPost is that it uses the NYCINews.com domain. No legitimate website would do that, because it makes it difficult for people to locate them.
If you see a website use a vastly different domain from its name, it’s almost certainly a fake site. Nelassa.com is another example.
The StuffPost is not an actual website, but a WordPress theme! The website creator was so lazy, he/she didn’t even change the logo!
Reason #4 : NYCINews Only Has 8 Articles???
This NYCINews website appears to have only 8 articles, all of which appears to be mostly copied from other websites.
Only the Thai King death article appeared to have fake details embedded with the real news.
Reason #5 : NYCINews Was Only Registered In March 2020
Isn’t this interesting? NYCINews was only registered on 11 March 2020!
Reason #6 : NYCINews Owner Identity Hidden!
The owner of NYCINews also hid his/her identity – a very suspicious act. But also understandable, as we are pretty sure the Thai King will want to sue this website for spreading fake news about his death! 😀
Reason #7 : The King Is Back In Bangkok!
BILD reported that the Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn flew back to Bangkok on 3 April 2020.
As you can see, the Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn is very much alive and well!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!