The Ming Room just closed their BSC (Bangsar Shopping Centre) outlet after several employees there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned!
The Ming Room BSC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 11 January 2021, The Ming Room announced that several of their kitchen staff at their BSC (Bangsar Shopping Centre) restaurant tested positive for COVID-19.
They did not reveal how many tested positive, and when they last worked at The Ming Room BSC. But the announcement came on the same day another restaurant at BSC closed because of COVID-19 too.
The Ming Room immediately closed their BSC restaurant for cleaning and sanitisation. They also sent all of their BSC staff for an rt-PCR test and quarantine.
The Ming Room BSC COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by The Ming Room on the COVID-19 exposure at their Bangsar Shopping Centre outlet.
The Ming Room BSC COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
The Ming Room did not reveal how many employees were affected. However, if they are all kitchen staff, exposure to customers should be low.
That said, it is unknown if other employees were also affected as The Ming Room does not yet know their test results.
Cafe and restaurant customers generally not wear face masks, although it is highly recommended that everyone wears a face mask in an eatery, unless it is to eat or drink.
In fact, you should be wearing a face mask while ordering food, and while waiting for your food and drinks to be delivered.
They will definitely be tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While restaurants and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19!
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!