Many of us are not aware, but TNB will NOT read your electricity meter or issue any electricity bill during the COVID-19 MCO.
Find out how to get and pay your TNB electricity bill during the COVID-19 MCO / CMCO!
TNB Meter Reading + Bill Rendering : Stopped During MCO / CMCO!
After the COVID-19 Movement Control Order (MCO) was announced, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) announced that they would stop these operations from 20 March 2020 until further notice :
- meter reading operations, and
- rendering of printed bill at your premise
They also announced that :
- you will be issued an estimated bill, based on your previous month’s consumption.
- your bill will be adjusted only when they resume meter reading, after the MCO period ends.
- during the MCO, TNB will not deliver any printed electricity bill to your premise.
TNB Will Start Meter Reading + Rendering Bill For Some States
On 13 May 2020, TNB announced that they are resuming meter reading and bill rendering on a staggered basis, and only in green zone states :
- Perak (except Sri Manjung)
That basically means they still won’t perform meter reading for most of the country during the Conditional MCO period.
How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During MCO / CMCO
Option 1 : Pay The Estimated Bill
TNB mentioned that you will be issued an estimated bill, based on your last bill. If your last bill was RM 100, then your estimated bill during the MCO / CMCO will be RM 100.
Just pay online through JomPAY using your online banking account.
Option 2 : Use TNB Express Payment
The easiest way to check your current bill and make payment is through myTNB.
Just key in your 12-digit TNB account number, and you will receive the current amount due.
You can pay up to RM 250 using a credit or debit card through Express Payment by clicking Next.
If you wish to pay more than RM 250 though, you will need to first register and log into myTNB.
Alternatively, you can pay through JomPAY using your online banking account.
Option 3 : Use myTNB App
The third option is to install and use the myTNB app, which is available as a free download on both Google Play Store and App Store :
Follow these steps to register and check your current TNB bill on the myTNB app :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Only A True Gentleman Knows What Is Wrong!
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- Watch : Malaysian Police Fired TWICE To Disable Car!
- Latest Malaysian Bank BR + BLR Rates @ May 2020
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- GrabPay Scam Alert : Be Careful Of FAKE Friends!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass Gets Extended To June 2021!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Fact Check : Chinese Man Attacked Over COVID-19 Racism!
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Kim Clement : Kim Jong-un Death Prophesy Failed Again
- Sitti Hikmawatty Fired Over Sperm In Swimming Pool Claim
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!