The Malaysia Ministry of Health has officially released details of the Uncle Don’s SS2 cluster, with 13 cases positive for COVID-19 so far! 😱
Uncle Don’s SS2 Cluster : What Happened Earlier?
On 26 November 2020, Uncle Don’s announced that a staff at their SS2 branch started displaying symptoms related to COVID-19 on 25 November 2020.
Uncle Don’s shut down their SS2 branch and staff hostel for cleaning and disinfection, and sent all 40 employees for COVID-19 tests.
On 27 November 2020, they announced that 3 of their employees tested positive for COVID-19, while 23 others tested negative, and another 4 still awaiting results.
Uncle Don’s urged those who visited their SS2 branch from 20 until 25 November 2020 to get tested for COVID-19.
However, they assured the public that the staff at their other outlets are not affected, as they have no physical contact with the SS2 outlet or other branches.
Uncle Don’s SS2 Cluster : 13 Positive Cases So Far!
On 28 November 2020, the Malaysia Ministry of Health officially named it UD SS2 Cluster, and said that they identified 13 positive cases!
Here was their official statement, and our English translation :
Kluster ini melibatkan daerah Petaling, Selangor. Kes indeks (iaitu kes ke-61360) telah dilaporkan positif COVID-19 pada 27 November 2020 hasil saringan individu bergejala. Sehingga 28 November 2020, sejumlah 40 individu telah disaring, di mana 13 kes telah dikesan positif COVID-19.
This cluster involves the Petaling district in Selangor. The index case (Case 61360) was confirmed COVID-19 positive on 27 November 2020 after symptomatic screening. Until 28 November 2020, a total of 40 individuals were screened, of which 13 cases tested positive for COVID-19.
This official MOH statement does not jive with Uncle Don’s earlier statement that only 3 employees tested positive, with 4 other employees awaiting their results. That would mean a maximum of 7 positive cases, not 13.
It is possible that the official MOH count of 40 screenings were separate from the 40 Uncle Don’s SS2 employees that were sent for COVID-19 screening.
As of 7:30 PM on 28 November 2020, Uncle Don’s has not issued any statement on the mismatched numbers.
Uncle Don’s SS2 Cluster : Official Statement
Update : At 1:30 PM on 29 November, Uncle Don’s posted this official statement after the UD SS2 COVID-19 cluster classification.
Uncle Don’s SS2 Cluster : Should You Be Concerned?
If you visited Uncle Don’s restaurant in SS2 between 20 and 25 November 2020, please contact them or get yourself tested for COVID-19.
Uncle Don’s is certainly working with the Ministry of Health to identify the close contacts of those affected employees.
Those identified as close contacts will be contacted by the MOH, and asked to self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
This why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
While all businesses are supposed to offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 354 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 28 November 2020
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- Australian PM Scott Morrison Thought That Madonna Died?
- Did Donald Trump Mistake Maradona For Madonna?
- CMCO Business Activities Extended To 12 AM, Except Sabah!
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- Padini IOI Mall : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19… 😭
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught Outside Jelutong Market
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO? 🤔
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!