Please help to spread word that undocumented migrants in Malaysia are entitled to get the FREE COVID-19 vaccine too!
Undocumented Migrants Can Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
On 31 July 2021, JKJAV officially announced details of the walk-in vaccination programme, which is also open to foreigners including undocumented migrants and refugees!
This walk-in vaccination programme is currently available only in the Klang Valley, but should eventually be made available nationwide.
However, undocumented migrants in Malaysia might not be aware that they now have the right to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for FREE!
So please SHARE the following details of the walk-in vaccination programme for foreigners and undocumented migrants with them!
It is critical that we vaccinate foreigners and undocumented migrants to achieve herd immunity, because no one is safe until everyone is safe.
How Can Undocumented Migrants Get Free COVID-19 Vaccine?
It was not possible for undocumented migrants in Malaysia to get access to the FREE COVID-19 vaccination earlier, as registration required a valid MyKad or passport.
That changes with the new walk-in vaccination programme, which NO LONGER requires any identification.
What Do They Need To Bring?
Undocumented migrants and refugees do NOT need to bring any identification or proof of citizenship. They only need to bring :
- Proof of address in Klang Valley (Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Putrajaya) *
For example : utility bill, credit card bill, employment card, student card, etc.
- People with co-morbidities : doctor’s letter or any relevant document that confirms your health condition or history.
* This is possibly to prevent people from other states trying to travel interstate to get vaccinated.
Vaccine Consent Form Available In Their Native Language!
JKJAV has made the vaccine consent form available in 14 foreign languages, to help reach out to undocumented migrants and refugees.
These forms will be made available at the vaccination centre, but it will be helpful if you can print and explain it to them.
They can also pre-fill the forms and bring them to the vaccination centre.
When Can They Go?
The walk-in vaccination programme for foreigners, including undocumented migrants and refugees, will run from 9 until 22 August 2021.
- Foreigners 40 years and above, or with co-morbidities : 9 to 11 August 2021
- Foreigners 18 years and above : 12 to 22 August 2021
Where Should They Go?
But please note that they can only walk in for their free COVID-19 vaccination from 2 PM onwards.
Will They Be Eligible For Vaccine Outreach Programme?
It is currently UNKNOWN if undocumented migrants and refugees will be allowed to walk-in at vaccine outreach programme locations, but we certainly hope that will be the case!
JKJAV will only announce details of the vaccine outreach programme later, but here is what we know so far :
- it will start from 9 August 2021 onwards
- it will involve NGOs, mobile vaccination teams and other relevant agencies.
- you will need to bring proof of residence in the Klang Valley (Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Putrajaya)
For example : address on identity card, driving licence, utility bill, credit card bill, employment card, student card, etc.
- If you have co-morbidities, you need to bring your doctor’s letter or any relevant document that confirms your health condition or history.
Help Undocumented Migrants In Malaysia Get The COVID-19 Vaccine!
It is very important that we get all undocumented migrants and refugees vaccinated against COVID-19 for FREE.
This prevents them from being exploited by unscrupulous people selling COVID-19 vaccines for profit, often at obscene prices.
It will also help us achieve herd immunity in Malaysia, helping to protect each other. We are not safe until everyone is safe.
So please help to reach out to undocumented people in your neighbourhood. Pass word along that they can get vaccinated against COVID-19 for FREE!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Another COVID-19 Case!
- Perlis, Sarawak, Labuan Upgraded To PPN Phase 3!
- 12 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In July!
- Law Enforcing COVID-19 SOP Valid, Not Emergency-Related
- COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form Now In 14 More Languages!
- MySejahtera Now Has Digital Consent Form For Vaccination!
- Four Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In July 2021!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!