Page 1 : Untimely Deaths Of People Who Mocked God, Is God Benevolent Or Vengeful?, Debunking Summary
This is a religious chain letter that is often sent out by well-meaning Christians to atheists and unfortunate souls from other religions. Most versions call it “Famous People Who Mocked God And Died Untimely” or “Untimely Deaths Of Famous People Who Mocked God“. However, one version was curiously called “8 in 8“, whatever that meant…
8 In 8 (Untimely Deaths Of People Who Mocked God)
Is God Benevolent Or Vengeful?
Before you cross yourself and start praying for the poor unfortunate souls who have not been redeemed by accepting Jesus Christ as their saviour, please note that the post actually casts the Abrahamic God in very unfavourable light.
The message it conveys is that God is insecure and vengeful, killing those who mocked him. The lesson in that post can be summarised in just 4 words – Mock God And Die. Needless to say, the post makes the Abrahamic God and Christianity look bad, almost evil.
The good news is – nothing in the post is true. Let the debunking begin! 😀
The final article was two pages long, and would have ended up as TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) for many people. So, I decided to summarise the key points here. If you need more information, just click on their names.
- The interview was conducted by the London Evening Standard, not a US magazine
- John Lennon was killed 14 years after making that statement.
- He was shot 4 times, not 6 times as claimed
- Tancredo Neves never made such a claim.
- He was also a religious Catholic, and would never have mocked God.
- To become President, he only needed a majority vote from 686 members of the Electoral College, not 500,000 votes.
- He did not get sick and die just one day before becoming President.
- Cazuza died from AIDS-related complications, not lung cancer.
- There is no evidence he ever mocked God.
- He did not smoke during his Canecão concert in 1998.
- None of the men associated with the financing, design or construction of the Titanic ever claimed that “Not even God can sink it”.
- The comment was most likely made by a deck hand to Sylvia Caldwell, a second class passenger on the Titanic.
- Marilyn Monroe never met or spoke to Billy Graham in her entire life.
- As a practising Jew, it would have been correct for her to say that she did not need Jesus.
- Of course, she never did tell anyone, preacher or not, that “I don’t need your Jesus”.
- The song “Highway To Hell” did not mock God, or any religion.
- Marilyn Manson, Lazlo Bane, Maroon 5, Bruce Springsteen and even Billy Joel covered the song, but did not die early deaths.
- Millions of people sang the same song, but did not die early deaths.
- A truly preposterous story, because…
- Why would a mother let her daughter get into a car of obviously drunk teens?
- Why would teens have a crate of eggs in the trunk of their car?
- If the trunk survived the accident, it would have allowed for easy identification of the car.
- She was not burned to death. She was shot dead.
- Her body was burned to destroy evidence and/or to cover up the act of murder.
- Her husband and his brother were charged with her murder
If you need more information, just click on their names. Or go on to the next page.
If you like our work, you can help support out work by visiting our sponsors, or even donate to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!