UOB temporarily closed their Plaza Mahkota branch in Melaka, after an employee there tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
UOB Plaza Mahkota : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 13 January 2021, UOB announced that a customer-facing employee at their Plaza Mahkota branch in Melaka tested positive for COVID-19.
UOB immediately closed their Plaza Mahkota branch for deep cleaning and sanitisation, reopening the next day, on 14 January 2021.
This is the second UOB branch affected by COVID-19 today, together with their UOB KL branch.
UOB Plaza Mahkota : Official Statement On COVID-19 Exposure
This was the notice UOB posted on the COVID-19 case at their Plaza Mahkota branch :
We would like to confirm that two of our customer-facing employees, one located at our Plaza Mahkota, Melaka branch and another at OUG Kuala Lumpur office, have tested positive for COVID-19 on 13 January 2021. Both employees are currently under quarantine while awaiting further instructions from the local authority. We are offering assistance to our affected colleagues and their families as they focus on their recoveries.
As a precautionary measure, we are conducting a deep-cleaning of both locations today and will resume operations tomorrow. As per our standard operating procedure, the branches and their self-service banking facilities also undergo a daily deep-cleaning before resuming their normal operations.
We have conducted contact tracing and have contacted all colleagues and customers who came into close contact with the confirmed cases. They are being asked to undergo COVID-19 tests and self-quarantine for 14 days while awaiting further instructions from the authorities. At the same time, we are working closely with the health authorities on any additional follow-up measures that may be required. We wish to reassure our customers and colleagues that precautionary measures recommended by the government have been implemented at our premises to ensure the safety of everyone.
We encourage our customers to continue using our digital banking services, including UOB Personal Internet Banking, UOB Business Internet Banking Plus and the UOB Mighty mobile app.
We regret any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and cooperation in helping to protect the well-being of others. #UnitedForYou
UOB Plaza Mahkota COVID-19 Case : Do NOT Panic
Even though a branch employee was infected, you should not panic…
They are definitely tracing contacts, which is why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
If you happen to be in that UOB branch when that affected employee was present, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine and undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the branch of any infectious particles.
You should also keep physically distanced from other people, and maintain good hand hygiene.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 555 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 January 2021
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!