Travellers to Malaysia do not need to undergo a mandatory quarantine, if they’re fully-vaccinated and had earlier recovered from COVID-19!
Here is what you need to know!
No Quarantine For Those Vaccinated + Recovered From COVID-19!
On the back of the Novak Djokovic debacle in Australia, Malaysia just issued new international travel admission requirements for people who recovered from COVID-19!
If you are planning to travel to Malaysia, you will be glad to know that you are no longer required to undergo a mandatory quarantine, if you are fully-vaccinated, and had earlier recovered from COVID-19!
Okay, so it won’t apply to antivax poster boy, Novak Djokovic… but still, great news for everyone else!
New Travel + Quarantine Rules For Vaccinated + Unvaccinated Travellers
On 12 December 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) issued these new travel requirements for international travellers who intend to enter Malaysia :
- Travellers must have completed their COVID-19 vaccination with proof of vaccination status.
- Travellers must show evidence that they were infected with COVID-19 within 11-60 days before departure to Malaysia, through printed or digital laboratory test results.
- Travellers with a history of hospitalisation due to COVID-19 are required to submit a “Fit to Travel” letter from the hospital.
- Travellers who were infected with COVID-19 but not hospitalised will need to undergo a professional RTK-Ag test 2 days before departure. They can only travel if the test result is negative.
- Travellers are required to undergo a supervised RTK-Ag test upon arrival in Malaysia.
Fully Vaccinated Travellers : No Quarantine!
Travellers who are fully-vaccinated, and have been infected with COVID-19, within 11 to 60 days before departure are EXEMPTED from mandatory quarantine!
Everyone Else : Mandatory Quarantine
Travellers who recovered from COVID-19 earlier, but are either unvaccinated or were not fully-vaccinated, are REQUIRED to undergo mandatory quarantine at the quarantine centre for 7 days.
This new rule should make it much easier for people who have both been fully-vaccinated, and recovered from a COVID-19 infection to travel into Malaysia.
And it will help keep out people who refuse to get vaccinated, even if they have recently recovered from a COVID-19 infection.
You should note that even for those who recovered from COVID-19, that exemption is only lasts up to 60 days before departure. That is because “natural immunity” wanes with time, and is no guarantee of protection against COVID-19.
Hence, the requirement to be both fully-vaccinated, and having recently recovered from COVID-19, to enter Malaysia without the need for mandatory quarantine.
- UOB Buys Citibank Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand + Vietnam!
- Four Mega PPVs Offering Booster Dose In Klang Valley!
- All Petrol Stations Are Go To Safety Points, Not Just Shell!
- Did Bill Gates Call For Withdrawal Of COVID-19 Vaccines?
- Did Bob Saget Die From His COVID-19 Booster Dose?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!