Village Grocer just announced that a second employee at their 1 Mont Kiara store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 6 January 2021, Village Grocer announced that an employee at their 1 Mont Kiara store just tested positive for COVID-19.
On 7 January 2021, Village Grocer announced that a second employee at the same store also tested positive for COVID-19.
The second employee, who worked in the bakery department, last reported for work at the store on 2 January 2021.
Village Grocer did not close their 1 Mont Kiara outlet, but sanitised it and identified close contacts who were asked to home quarantine and undergo a swab test.
This is the second Village Grocer affected by COVID-19 this year, following their store in Sunsuria Forum on 2 January 2021.
Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Village Grocer on the second COVID-19 exposure at their 1 Mont Kiara store.
Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara, 7 Jan 2021:
Please be aware we were informed one of our staff from bakery department is confirmed Covid-19 positive and last reported to work on 2 Jan 2021. Staff identified as close contact will undergo swab test and send for home quarantine. MOH will conduct contact tracing.
The store will undergo deep sanitisation today for the safety of our customer and staff. We will continue to provide information update.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority. We urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Village Grocer
Note : The statement was posted verbatim, including grammatical mistakes.
Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
The risk will be low if both the affected employees and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
As mentioned in their statement, the Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Maybank TTDI : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 521 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 January 2021
- Maybank Alor Setar Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Genting Highlands Employees + Visitors Quarantined For COVID-19?
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!