Village Grocer just announced that an employee at their Avenue K store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Village Grocer Avenue K : Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 14 February 2021, Village Grocer announced that an employee at their Avenue K store tested positive for COVID-19.
That employee, who worked at their wine and liquor department, last reported to work on 13 February 2021.
Village Grocer temporarily closed their Avenue K store, to deep clean and sanitise it, while arranging for their remaining staff to undergo a swab test.
This is the ninth Village Grocer affected by COVID-19 this year, following their stores in Subang Parade, Bangsar Village, Citta Mall, 1 Mont Kiara, Southkey Mall, Melawati Mall, M-City, and Sunsuria Forum.
Village Grocer Avenue K COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Village Grocer on their Avenue K store COVID-19 exposure.
Village Grocer Avenue K outlet, 14 Feb 2021:
Please be aware we were informed in the evening of 14th Feb, one of the staff from wine & liquor department in Avenue K outlet is confirmed Covid-19 positive, last reported to work on 13th Feb 2021.
Village Grocer Avenue K outlet will arrange all staff to undergo swab test and the store to undergo deep cleaning and sanitization for the safety of our staff and customer.
Village Grocer Avenue K outlet will be closed till 12 noon 15th Feb 2021.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
This notice is part of our commitment to full transparency to customers to assist in their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Village Grocer
Village Grocer Avenue K COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at Village Grocer Avenue K on or before 13 February 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
- 965 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 14 February 2021
- MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Seremban 2 : Closed 1 Week After COVID-19 Exposure!
- All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- MKN Allows Dining, Retail, Creative Industry, Sports Training
- J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- CNY Reunion Dinner SOP : Top 5 Questions Answered!
- Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks!
- Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
- Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!