Village Grocer announced that a cashier at their M-City store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
On 14 January 2021, Village Grocer announced that a cashier at their M-City store tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employee last reported to work on 7 January 2021.
Village Grocer did not close their M-City outlet, but sanitised it and tested close contacts of their affected employee, and put them under home quarantine.
This is the fourth Village Grocer affected by COVID-19 this year, following their stores in Melawati Mall, 1 Mont Kiara and Sunsuria Forum.
Village Grocer M-City COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Village Grocer on the COVID-19 case at their M-City store.
Village Grocer M-City outlet, 14 Jan 2021:
Please be aware we were informed today, one of our cashier department staff in M-City outlet is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 13 Jan 2021, last reported to work on 7 Jan 2021. Staff identified as close contact will immediately undergo swab test and send for home quarantine. MOH will conduct contact tracing.
The store will undergo deep sanitisation tonight for the safety of our customer and staff.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority. We urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Village Grocer
Village Grocer M-City COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at Village Grocer M-City on or before 13 January 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both affected employee and customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance and good hand hygiene.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Village Grocer Melawati : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!