Village Grocer announced that another cashier at their Melawati store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Village Grocer Melawati : Two More Positive For COVID-19!
On 14 January 2021, Village Grocer announced that an employee at their Melawati Mall store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 18 January 2021, Village Grocer announced that two additional employee at their Melawati Mall store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 10 July 2021, Village Grocer announced that a cashier at their Melawati Mall store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 3 August 2021, Village Grocer announced that another cashier at their Melawati Mall store, who last reported to work on 29 July 2021, tested positive for COVID-19.
Village Grocer did not close their outlet, but sanitised and deep cleaned it overnight, and tested all of their employees.
With the cases in Forum Mall, MyTown and City Junction, 16 Village Grocer outlets were affected by COVID-19 this year, including their stores in Atria, EkoCheras, Desa Park, KL Gateway, Subang Parade, Avenue K, Bangsar Village, Citta Mall, 1 Mont Kiara, Southkey Mall, Melawati Mall, M-City, and Sunsuria Forum.
Village Grocer Melawati COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the latest official statement by Village Grocer on the COVID-19 case at their Melawati store.
Village Grocer Melawati COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at Village Grocer Melawati Mall on or before 29 July 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Perlis, Sarawak, Labuan Upgraded To PPN Phase 3!
- 12 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In July!
- Law Enforcing COVID-19 SOP Valid, Not Emergency-Related
- COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form Now In 14 More Languages!
- MySejahtera Now Has Digital Consent Form For Vaccination!
- Four Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In July 2021!
- Jaya Grocer SS15 Courtyard Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Can You Get COVID-19 From Infected Raw Chicken?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!